• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

:cloud9:

AAW121.jpg

My favorite all-time Toth cover. Wish I had one.

Was this a cover that you talked to Toth about?

AllAmWest121-1.jpg

:cloud9:

AAW121.jpg

My favorite all-time Toth cover. Wish I had one.

Was this a cover that you talked to Toth about?

AllAmWest121-1.jpg

I don't recall specifically asking him about THAT cover, but I did ask him if he'd be willing to draw a JT commission. He was totally disinterested and rather abruptly ended the phone conversation at this point by saying something like, "write to me, good night" click. It wasn't like I'd just sprung it on him. We'd talked for about 10 minutes on the phone and had corresponded by mail. I'd heard that he was a pretty bitter person, so I wasn't totally shocked. Nonetheless, I was bummed that I could never score something cool like a JT sketch or somesuch. Kinda gave up after that.

hoppy121.jpg

Any Kubert covers with hedgerows always seemed to underscore his dramatic jagged line work and boost the possibility that we'd be treated to his compositional wizardry. This one's among my favorite Kubert covers ever.

oaaw122-1.jpg