• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Nope. That's a Heath cover.

(thumbs u

weird though, Heath usually signs his covers "RH" or "Russ Heath". Can't seem to find it on this cover.

:gossip: It's at the bottom

79516.jpg.d1bdf868fd2ebc177525bb762245a534.jpg

sb132.jpg

This is a really nostalgic cover to me. It reminds me of summer weekends at the coast, seaside shops with beach stuff piled outside, of sweet smells and slot machine noises jangling away in the background.

Superboy #132 is far less common than might be expected.

(thumbs u

weird though, Heath usually signs his covers "RH" or "Russ Heath". Can't seem to find it on this cover.

:gossip: It's at the bottom

79516.jpg

That's 'Trooper's pedigree copy!

Kid Colt Outlaw 132. Fair-to-middlin' copy of a fair-to-middlin' cover.

kidcolt1320001.jpg

Strange Adventures 132. Not mine -- on my want list because of that exceptionally handsome scientist in the center.

StrangeAdventures132.jpg

Jack

That has to be Kubert.

I thought it had touches of both. GCD credits it as Kubert pencils and Heath inks. Everybody's a winner! ^^

Only thing even vaguely Kubertesque about that is the central action taking place within a black "vacuum." Kubert employed that on a number of other covers, but Heath--the perfectionist for details--was virtually incapable of NOT filling in background and foreground elements. If Kubert had ANYTHING to do with this, it would have been that he had Heath kidnapped from the Playboy mansion out of desperation in order to fulfill the deadline and dumped Heath off in a back alley as soon as Heath finished the minimum action to convey the scene.

Sometimes the GCD gets it wrong.

It IS true that Heath signed virtually everything he ever did. . .more so than Kubert for that matter. The poses of the figures AND the crosshatching on the tank are the giveaways. Kubert just didn't make longshot figures like that.