• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Had to do it folks. I just finally checked out all of the #1's posted on the 2nd day of this thread and I never saw one of these.

Now Silver. tsk...tsk... (tsk):baiting:

Superboy01.jpg

I feel lot's better now. :grin::devil:

you suck :kidaround:

Only just noticed this beauty, Seadevils. A great way to taunt poor Silver!

Shame that DC just filled this book with three nondescript stories. They should have reprinted More Fun #101 or even better, represented Superboy's origin with a new telling. And then followed that with a key event to really make this a special #1!

Curious to know what you grade it as? The book looks exceptional and very fresh judging from your photo.

Thanks for the comments steelcity. Yes...I just had to taunt poor ole' silver with this beaut. He's been after me to get it slabbed. I just gotta make up my mind what else to send along with it I guess. Yes..it is unfortunate that the only noteworthy factor of this book is it's a #1 issue from the 40's. And just barely. A new origin story would have helped it's rating. Or a first appearance of a major character/nemesis. And it's a privelege that such an esteemed collector as yourself noticed my book. Oh..conservatively..I'd give it a 7.0/7.5. Will just have to see what CGC rates it. The pages are white! Very fresh appearance in incredible condition.

A couple last minute 19s!

Frankenstein19.jpg

Love It! (thumbs u

Was there really an artist named D ick Briefer, or was that a psuedonym? :D

That was his real name.

Some of my #20s

Military20.jpg

MensAdv20.jpg

TOS15-1.jpg

BlackRider20-1.jpg

A couple last minute 19s!

Frankenstein19.jpg