• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

BlackRider20-1.jpg

How cool is that? (thumbs u

Way cool is how cool that is!

Anyone know who drew it?

The thought is Syd Shores, but that attribution is probable. It doesn't quite match what I've seen Syd to do so I've wondered whether someone else did it or had a hand in it.

sb20.jpg

Now this is one of my fave early Superboys. A #20 was also the first early Superboy I ever scored back in the 70's. Silver's copy makes mine look like landfill.

Silver...your book deserves another look. And your book looks much better than your scan.......try this......

sb20.jpg

Having seen this book in person, I can say that the colors are actually very close to Danny's scan. A lot of these DC's used more of a pastel color pallet rather than bright primary colors.

Ken

I thought I overdid it qiute a bit actually. Shoulda pulled my copy out first. :frustrated::sorry:

BlackRider20-1.jpg

How cool is that? (thumbs u

Way cool is how cool that is!

Anyone know who drew it?

The thought is Syd Shores, but that attribution is probable. It doesn't quite match what I've seen Syd to do so I've wondered whether someone else did it or had a hand in it.

The face of the guy in green is definitely Shores, but the composition and figural work isn't typical of him. I think there could have been an assist by Williamson or Torres. I can't recall Shores being quite so dynamic, though I like his style quite a bit. Maybe he just took his time that day and was in a [Lou] Fine sort of mood.