• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

I didn't start posting on this thread until #53, so I thought I'd post a cheat. Three #1's (111) I didn't see posted at the beginning of the thread.

Daring Love #1. Listed as scarce in Overstreet. It contains Ditko's first drawn story.

DaringLove1.jpg

Wow. That is a rare book. I would love to see the Ditko story. Any chance of scanning it?

thanks,

Bill

Is that a Kamen cover?

I didn't start posting on this thread until #53, so I thought I'd post a cheat. Three #1's (111) I didn't see posted at the beginning of the thread.

Daring Love #1. Listed as scarce in Overstreet. It contains Ditko's first drawn story.

DaringLove1.jpg

Wow. That is a rare book. I would love to see the Ditko story. Any chance of scanning it?

thanks,

Bill

Is that a Kamen cover?

Kamen was already working for EC when DARING LOVE was published in 1953. It looks similar to his style but I don't think it's him. Anyone have an opinion as to who it could be?

DaringLove1.jpg

thanks,

Bill

Is that a Kamen cover?

Kamen was already working for EC when DARING LOVE was published in 1953. It looks similar to his style but I don't think it's him. Anyone have an opinion as to who it could be?

Bailey seems a good possibility to me based on first impression. He was working for Key on their horror titles.

link

Those are sweet 100-pagers, Greggy.

On to my limited selection of 113's...

Classic cover, first appearance of the Trickster.

Flash113.jpg