• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2008/09 GRADING CONTEST : Round 11

86 posts in this topic

Results may be a little late tonight... Family emergency. :(

Hope everyone is OK :wishluck:

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately, my wife's mother passed away this morning unexpectedly. She lived a long life though, and saw and experienced a great part of the past century. (thumbs u

:tonofbricks:

Why so low nik ?? what were the grader notes ??

The 2 light bends bottom of spine.

Pressing candidate without a doubt.

I could see those, but I droped it to a 9.0 because It looks like there are fingerprints on the bc also.

I could see those, but I droped it to a 9.0 because It looks like there are fingerprints on the bc also.

Man, I missed those - thought it was a 9.6 for sure - and swung for the fences with the lone 9.9 - figuring if I was right, I'd be one of the few at best, and gain a few places in the rankings. I hate grading scans with white spines :frustrated:

Still, even with those little spine bends it looks nicer than some 9.4 scans I've seen.

Results may be a little late tonight... Family emergency. :(

Hope everyone is OK :wishluck:

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately, my wife's mother passed away this morning unexpectedly. She lived a long life though, and saw and experienced a great part of the past century. (thumbs u

Condolences to you and your wife Shin...although it sounds like your mother-in-law had a good run...

Man, I missed those - thought it was a 9.6 for sure - and swung for the fences with the lone 9.9 - figuring if I was right, I'd be one of the few at best, and gain a few places in the rankings. I hate grading scans with white spines :frustrated:

Still, even with those little spine bends it looks nicer than some 9.4 scans I've seen.

This, of course, is illustrative of why we should all be buying 9.2's instead of 9.8's :grin::sumo: