• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2008/09 GRADING CONTEST : Round 12

100 posts in this topic

The tear I'm talking about is 1" above the lower left corner of the back cover (quite a bit longer than the one RH is pointing out).

I do appreciate an answer :foryou: because I see a similar tear (or mark?) in the nearly identical spot on the new book, so now I'm not sure if it's really there or not.

Wow...I could swear I see chipping and tearing so I went with 7.5 ... lol:tonofbricks:

I'm confused too. Is there a tear in the LLC of the back cover, or not? I see one...and it looked significant enough to keep the book below 8.0...but it looks like the Round 13 book has something in the same spot. Is it just a scanner glitch or something?

Where do you see a tear? I can't see it on my monitor.

Upper Right Back Cover... :o

(shrug)

Must be just the two of you guys :baiting: because I seriously don't see any tears.

Wow...I could swear I see chipping and tearing so I went with 7.5 ... lol:tonofbricks:

I'm confused too. Is there a tear in the LLC of the back cover, or not? I see one...and it looked significant enough to keep the book below 8.0...but it looks like the Round 13 book has something in the same spot. Is it just a scanner glitch or something?

(shrug)

Must be just the two of you guys :baiting: because I seriously don't see any tears.

Distributor ink smudged to look like a tear??

(shrug)

Cuz they're not really there... doh!

Do you see the color breaking crease on the top right corner front cover???... :baiting:

Yes I do, and that is there. Trying to figure out just exactly what PF is seeing but I can't.

Do you see the color breaking crease on the top right corner front cover???... :baiting:

Yes I do, and that is there. Trying to figure out just exactly what PF is seeing but I can't.

You sound like my wife.... lol

Nik, I appreciate your trying. There is no tear 1" above the LLC on the back cover (on either book)?

It's ink smear that looks like a diagonal tear.

:shy:

You sound like my wife.... lol

Nik, I appreciate your trying. There is no tear 1" above the LLC on the back cover (on either book)?

That is correct.

It's ink smear that looks like a diagonal tear.

:shy:

Thanks. :foryou:

Yep! Saw that! (thumbs u

Top left of the BC was a mystery to me. Definitely would have helped to have some Q&A to explain what was going on up there.

Actually, I think this round should be tossed out, as the grade was blurted out in the thread by "he who shall remain unnamed" . . . seriously :)

That almost cost me a bullseye! I was going to enter 9.0, but after it got blurted out I agonised, trying to justify giving a grade other than that one. Thankfully I couldn't.

Actually, I think this round should be tossed out, as the grade was blurted out in the thread by "he who shall remain unnamed" . . . seriously :)

I disagree. I think the round should be kept as is. I was one of the people who saw the grade posted by "that person" but how were we to know that he was actually right? For all we knew he was just someone blurting out a guess. Is he the actual recipient/owner of the comic? Would he have already known the grade if this is the case? And why didn't everyone who saw that post then guess 9.0 (maybe they did)?

Personally, even though I did see that post, I was debating between 8.5 and 9.0. I'm obviously glad that I did ultimately guess 9.0, but that blurted out guess really had nothing to do with my decision.