• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just now watched Batman the Dark Knight

89 posts in this topic

Any statement made on forums of any type is considered an Opinion unless backed up by facts. And yes I know I am in the minority, but I am fine with that.
Not facts - cogent argument. You just stated that you didn't like the movie, without backing it up with details.

Honestly none of the "Super" hero movies thrill me all that well, spiderman was ok, X-men was decent but the movies totally screw up everything that is known or the story as I read them that it ruins it for me.
Yes, they're never going to be exactly like the source material. That's a given.

I heard so much about how good the Joker was and how good of a job Ledger did I was actually like cool he read the killing joke so this is going to be really good. I am sorry But ledger just makes a poor joker, in fact none of the actors really put the movie together for me. Again this is all my opinion and I respect the fact that others disagree with me, thats cool, no ones perfect.
No need to be sorry at all. Just explain why you thought Ledger and the other actors were unimpressive.

Look I understand most people disagree and I respect that, I just wanted to make my point, which I thought was the point of "forums" to discuss things. I did not need snide remarks like "go see a play".
Anyone can come on here and claim that any film ever made is shiite. You gotta back up such opinion with developed and persuasive arguments, dammit.

So that is just your personal opinion. Clearly you are in the minority, both amongst your comic peers as well as the success in box office as measured by many different metrics.

I personally have found the entire reboot refreshing. I accept that it is my personal opinion, but it is comforting to know that my opinion is well in agreement with the thousands of others whom also enjoyed the series. Hopefully you didn't come here looking for validation.

Any statement made on forums of any type is considered an Opinion unless backed up by facts. And yes I know I am in the minority, but I am fine with that.

Honestly none of the "Super" hero movies thrill me all that well, spiderman was ok, X-men was decent but the movies totally screw up everything that is known or the story as I read them that it ruins it for me.

I heard so much about how good the Joker was and how good of a job Ledger did I was actually like cool he read the killing joke so this is going to be really good. I am sorry But ledger just makes a poor joker, in fact none of the actors really put the movie together for me. Again this is all my opinion and I respect the fact that others disagree with me, thats cool, no ones perfect.

As for Iron man, ok it was not that bad, but again I just did not really like it so much.

Ok as for the remark about me not going to the theaters, I do not understand what that has to do with me not enjoying movies? I prefer to watch movies in the privacy of my home, with my wife and kids and not spend 5 bucks for a coke (Each) and 7 bucks for popcorn and when it is all said and done a family outing for 4 ends up costing over 50 bucks, forget that.

Look I understand most people disagree and I respect that, I just wanted to make my point, which I thought was the point of "forums" to discuss things. I did not need snide remarks like "go see a play".

Ok I am done.

thank You for listening to my rant.

Perfectly fair and honest reply. (thumbs u No reason for anyone to attempt to disparage you for your personal opinions.

I for one, also prefer to watch the film on my home large screen and

definitive technology BP 7000s. Worth every penny.

I think my preference for viewing environment changed as I got older. Less tolerance for the whistles and screams during the film. Plus (thankfully) cell phones weren't that prevalent 10-20 yrs back.

So that is just your personal opinion. Clearly you are in the minority, both amongst your comic peers as well as the success in box office as measured by many different metrics.

I personally have found the entire reboot refreshing. I accept that it is my personal opinion, but it is comforting to know that my opinion is well in agreement with the thousands of others whom also enjoyed the series. Hopefully you didn't come here looking for validation.

As for Iron man, ok it was not that bad, but again I just did not really like it so much.

Ok as for the remark about me not going to the theaters, I do not understand what that has to do with me not enjoying movies? I prefer to watch movies in the privacy of my home, with my wife and kids and not spend 5 bucks for a coke (Each) and 7 bucks for popcorn and when it is all said and done a family outing for 4 ends up costing over 50 bucks, forget that.

Ok I am done.

thank You for listening to my rant.

Oh you're not going to get away that easily (tsk):sumo:

At least tell us which comic movie you did enjoy and found well done.

I agree with you on some of the movies you mentioned but if you came here for a discussion then stop backing up and discuss.

After all you fired the first arrow so did you honestly not expect a little return fire?

the fact that you can't bother to see a movie on a movie screen renders your opinion moot.

Why? I rarely go to theaters to watch movies, as I prefer the comfort of my home entertainment center and the drinks from my own mini-bar. I also love film. How would my preference not to go to an over-crowded theater with sticky floors, whining children, and over-priced snacks, render my opinions on any film "moot"?

I don't like going to theater's either, mostly due to other patrons. I can still remember seeing Mrs. Doubtfire with my parents and as the film was starting the group of middle aged people behind us kept talking, so my dad turned around and told them,"I can go tell them to turn the movie down so you can continue with your conversation if you like." That shut them up real quick. I discovered a great way to see blockbusters early on in the theater. I was up early on the Saturday of opening week, so I said :censored: it and went to the theater on the at like 9 am. There were no more than 10 other people in the theater. It was great I saw it again a about 2 weeks later at 11 am on a Saturday and there were even less people. Before that I had gone to one movie in a paid theater since seeing The Two Tower's.

At the End it was without a doubt the worst Batman movie I ever seen.

Thank you, Mr Wrong from Wrongo Drive in Wrongsville. (thumbs u

But he made some lucid, detailed and valid points regarding this. :insane:

While we're on the topic of movies, every Star Wars movie sucks monkey balls.

And Martin Scorcese isn't qualified to direct patrons to an open stall in a public bathroom, let alone a feature film.

(tsk)

And Martin Scorcese isn't qualified to direct patrons to an open stall in a public bathroom, let alone a feature film.

And Citizen Kane stunk. But Adam Sandler is a genius. Cause I said so.

:roflmao:

And Martin Scorcese isn't qualified to direct patrons to an open stall in a public bathroom,

Yet he still managed to get yo mama in there.

OhSnap!.jpg

Don't forget Waterworld. It was a cinematic masterpiece and took Kevin Costner to new heights. :acclaim:

Don't forget Waterworld. It was a cinematic masterpiece and took Kevin Costner to new heights. :acclaim:

If that's actually possible. After all, Costner's acting ability surpasses Sean Penn, Robert De Niro, and Philip Seymour Hoffman's combined. His talent is indescribable. (:

If that's actually possible. After all, Costner's acting ability surpasses Sean Penn, Robert De Niro, and Philip Seymour Hoffman's combined. His talent is indescribable. (:

I would say that indescribable is an appropriate adjective.

I would say that indescribable is an appropriate adjective.

My point exactly.

I'm guessing you haven't seen any of the other films then. (thumbs u

no doubt, if you think this movie is worse than 96's Batman and Robin,

CONGRATS you'll be only one in the whole universe that thinks that.

:tonofbricks: