• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: DEADPOOL #1 VARIANT DOUBLE COVER NM+ PRICE DROP

28 posts in this topic

Very easy - Very simple

Use this guy if you want the book - :takeit:

Shipping is included in price of book (U.S & Canada only)

Paypal or postal money order

With the hype of the new movie this is going to be a great book to hold onto or flip

And being a double cover makes it even more special and generate a much higher price. This is a 1 of a kind ..... :baiting:

Open to offers as well ....

$275 $210

scan0002-16.jpg

scan0003-24.jpg

IMG_5135.jpg

No one on this board likes RARE comic books ... (shrug)

Help an old fart like me understand what is so rare about this book :popcorn:

O.K. Nik

I'll do my best to explain this.

Double covers from the late 80's and below are commone because of the way the distributer put them out & nothing stopping the line in which these were made so any error book or double cover my have gone by with out anyone missing that one error. Well as time went on and technoligy got better the error books and double cover books became few and far between with sencers & scanners over looking the production line as well as people running them, it became very-very hard for a double cover book let alone an error book to slip through the cracks let alone a variant in which there are very low printings of to begin with.

Now I like to watch alot of thing let it be ebay or these boards or anything I like to research thing to see how far something goes. Now on ebay there are 2 error double cover batmans #10 (swear word edition) o.k. now the seller who has both books just let everyone know that there is more than one. Now I have been watching these kind of double cover books for some time and YET to see any of the books I have to offer come up for sale let alone someone else having own one.

No one on this board likes RARE comic books ... (shrug)

Help an old fart like me understand what is so rare about this book :popcorn:

O.K. Nik

I'll do my best to explain this.

Double covers from the late 80's and below are commone because of the way the distributer put them out & nothing stopping the line in which these were made so any error book or double cover my have gone by with out anyone missing that one error. Well as time went on and technoligy got better the error books and double cover books became few and far between with sencers & scanners over looking the production line as well as people running them, it became very-very hard for a double cover book let alone an error book to slip through the cracks let alone a variant in which there are very low printings of to begin with.

Now I like to watch alot of thing let it be ebay or these boards or anything I like to research thing to see how far something goes. Now on ebay there are 2 error double cover batmans #10 (swear word edition) o.k. now the seller who has both books just let everyone know that there is more than one. Now I have been watching these kind of double cover books for some time and YET to see any of the books I have to offer come up for sale let alone someone else having own one.

So as far as RARE goes let me put it to you this way...There are MORE action comics #1 printed than there are modern double cover comics. :sumo:

And if some one can prove me wrong then do so :baiting:

I can't prove you wrong, but I sure would love to edit that post. :baiting:

I'll toss my 2 cents into this thread, strictly because I think I'm the only member of the boards that actually works in the PRINT INDUSTRY for a living.

Double covers are pulled out of the pockets of the saddle stitcher accidently, it's true...I can't say that the print industry has really caught up with technology in the sense of the bindery, per se.

The bindery where all the finishing is done to the books, is pretty much still a straight forward "old school" method...ie, the equipment is probably 20 to 30 years old, depending on where you're at.

Our stitchers are about 20 years old, I know of other places that just upgrade or fix the equipment as needed.

To understand how the stitching process works, using a comic book as an example, you'd be using only 3 pockets on the stitcher to finish the job.

A 32 page comic book consists of TWO 16-page signatures. A "signature" is the print/publishing term for a folded sheet of paper which holds the printed pages of your book. A signature can be 2 pages, 4 pages, 8 pages, 16 pages or if coming off the web, even 32 pages.

But for this example, I'll say that a sheet of 23x35 sheet of paper will hold 8 images front and back, or SIXTEEN PAGES. Fold that down, you've got what we call a 16-pg sig.

Two of those consist of your average 32 page comic book.

The cover folded in half (ie, your front/back and inside covers=4pgs.) is what we'd call a 4-pg sig or simply "cover" or "cover pocket" (duh).

So you take up 3 pockets on the stitcher.

The suction cups that pull that cover down onto the two gathered 16-pg sigs can sometimes pull two covers. It happens.

In short, I don't think there's any more or any less double covers on stitched books today then there was 10, 20 or 50 years ago.

It's just a matter of how many made it out in a given print run, and who ended up with them. I'll bet there's probably more of those double cover Deadpool #1's out there, but they're in a distributor box at the shop, or in the back issue bin or someone's collection...but that's not to say there's a bunch of them.

It's safe to say that in a print run of 100,000 or 200,000 it's not unreasonable to assume that there's 20 - 50 cps. of a double cover book floating around out there.

True, some equipment may have "sensors" to catch the occasional error, but more likely then not, they slide right on through and into the stack of books that get slapped into the box at the printer.

I'm actually surprised that more books are NOT eligible for 9.8 moderns considering how they're handled at the printer, shoved into the boxes, and shuffled around from Canada where they're printed to Diamond here in the states.

I'll toss my 2 cents into this thread, strictly because I think I'm the only member of the boards that actually works in the PRINT INDUSTRY for a living.

Double covers are pulled out of the pockets of the saddle stitcher accidently, it's true...I can't say that the print industry has really caught up with technology in the sense of the bindery, per se.

The bindery where all the finishing is done to the books, is pretty much still a straight forward "old school" method...ie, the equipment is probably 20 to 30 years old, depending on where you're at.

Our stitchers are about 20 years old, I know of other places that just upgrade or fix the equipment as needed.

To understand how the stitching process works, using a comic book as an example, you'd be using only 3 pockets on the stitcher to finish the job.

A 32 page comic book consists of TWO 16-page signatures. A "signature" is the print/publishing term for a folded sheet of paper which holds the printed pages of your book. A signature can be 2 pages, 4 pages, 8 pages, 16 pages or if coming off the web, even 32 pages.

But for this example, I'll say that a sheet of 23x35 sheet of paper will hold 8 images front and back, or SIXTEEN PAGES. Fold that down, you've got what we call a 16-pg sig.

Two of those consist of your average 32 page comic book.

The cover folded in half (ie, your front/back and inside covers=4pgs.) is what we'd call a 4-pg sig or simply "cover" or "cover pocket" (duh).

So you take up 3 pockets on the stitcher.

The suction cups that pull that cover down onto the two gathered 16-pg sigs can sometimes pull two covers. It happens.

In short, I don't think there's any more or any less double covers on stitched books today then there was 10, 20 or 50 years ago.

It's just a matter of how many made it out in a given print run, and who ended up with them. I'll bet there's probably more of those double cover Deadpool #1's out there, but they're in a distributor box at the shop, or in the back issue bin or someone's collection...but that's not to say there's a bunch of them.

It's safe to say that in a print run of 100,000 or 200,000 it's not unreasonable to assume that there's 20 - 50 cps. of a double cover book floating around out there.

True, some equipment may have "sensors" to catch the occasional error, but more likely then not, they slide right on through and into the stack of books that get slapped into the box at the printer.

I'm actually surprised that more books are NOT eligible for 9.8 moderns considering how they're handled at the printer, shoved into the boxes, and shuffled around from Canada where they're printed to Diamond here in the states.

(thumbs u Thanks Rich you said FAR BETTER than I did..

:golfclap: