• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eye-appeal

52 posts in this topic

Man, that black Superman Shield cover always gets me.

Anyway I posted this book some time ago, but it fits the bill - great eye appeal - sold as a (raw) VF on ebay with a tiny chip on the front cover - and an undisclosed bug chew on the top back cover. It had such bold colors and was so hard to find I kept it. Unfortunately this pulled the grade way down to a 4.0. But it is a beaut.

WW3poster.jpg

:cloud9:

Great books everybody i'd take any of these 4.0-5.0 books over some 7.0s i've seen with foxing or dust shadows any day.

I know a lot of people hate detached covers - but it's another way to get very pretty books on the cheap.

great thread! pretty much all my books fall into this category. I DARE you to beat this one, though::

supe14sa9.jpg

w636.png

CGC 5.5

:sumo:

This one has a water stain, right? I think this might be the winner at 5.5. Wow.

I generally don't collect books below 8.0, so I don't have a lot to contribute to this thread. However, there is one book of mine that presents fantastically for the grade....and its just not a book you run into often in any decent shape, especially not with White pages.

AmazingMysteryFunnies.jpg

I generally don't collect books below 8.0, so I don't have a lot to contribute to this thread. However, there is one book of fine that presents fantastically for the grade....and its just not a book you run into often in any decent shape, especially not with White pages.

AmazingMysteryFunnies.jpg

Now THAT presents well for the grade! ^^

One particular eBayer has been putting up some great books over the past couple weeks that fit this perfectly. He seemed to specialize in books presenting very well but with major flaws bringing down the grade/price. Several, like the Hangman below had severe back cover damage, another had bug-chew that cannot been seen without opening the comic, etc.

Since I keep my books in slabs, these kind of books are exceptionally enticing. Obviously, there is no shortage of great books. Very fun thread.

a85c_3.JPG

Here's the only one I have that's in this category....a few chips bring it down from the 8.0 / 8.5 neighborhood....got it for guide.This thread is great...and shows why I love mid grade GA....Andy is right...they carry defects well.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

adv75.jpg

ADV1.jpg

Great string. The colors on a lot of GA books are so bold they resemble silk-screened artwork.

I think that's why they age so well. Silver Age books don't exhibit the same characteristics.

great thread! pretty much all my books fall into this category. I DARE you to beat this one, though::

supe14sa9.jpg

w636.png

CGC 5.5

:sumo:

This one has a water stain, right? I think this might be the winner at 5.5. Wow.

nope. It has a barely discernable crease running down the length of the front cover. Almost impossible to see through the slab.

I was just looking at this one again the other day, back cover is as nice as the front. (shrug)

startling22.jpg

This one also looks awesome for the grade. Has some non-color breaking creases that would likely press right out...

Superman23.jpg