• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Modern Prescreen Service

10 posts in this topic

I just wanted to get a feel on how you guys do with Pre-Screens. This was my first ever batch of prescreens and didn't really know how it would work out. I got 38 9.8s (my min grade) and nothing higher. I was just curious as to how many I should usually expect and what you guys like/dislike about the pre-screen service.

The downside is I am going for all 9.8's, and I am really trying to pick books that do not have anything that could bring grades down. Bindery tears,miswraps included. Basically I am picking out books that are flawless to the eye.

So if I prescreen 50 books is there realistically any chance they could all pass? Or would they flop a few just so it doesnt look like the let everything through?

Pre screen is $3 a book.

I thought it was 4.00 per book ?

If you had a high percentage of books that passed, they used to waive the charge.

I'm not sure if they are still doing that. Either way it is still a good idea to prescreen. Let's face it, in general a Modern that doesn't grade at least 9.6 is not worth slabbing .