• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Unwarranted hostilities

37 posts in this topic

O.k., I'm the last person to wat to start an OT thread, but this email I got from an eBayer was just SO over the top I just don't know what to make of it.

This seller, mamabear264 , has/had 5 CGC PREACHER books on ebay. They were starting at a price a bit higher than I wanted to pay ($39.99) and 4 of the five after 7 or 10 days still had no bids. So I sent, what I thought, was a simple question,

"Would you take $30 per for the lot if these don't sell?"

Didn't ask to end the auction, didn't ask to not sell to a higher bidder. I thought is was a fair question.

The sellers response to my question, " PLEASE refrain from emailing your offers. I believe this is against ebay policy and we could get kicked off for this. Thank you and happy holidays. "

o.k., fair enough. Won't happen again.

13 minutes later I get a 'message from eBay member', and it's mamabear264 again. This time she says, " I wouldn't sell to you if you were the last db on earth. Don't be an AH your whole life and hope santa sends the coal you deserve. FYVM!!!! "

:o

Did they read something so offensive on my ME PAGE they had to make another comment? Something so offensive that someone selling PREACHER books would be outraged? I don't even know what a "db" is (shrug) . Is this a board member here that I riled up too much?

Aside form this post, I was left speachless

db = deadbeat

and it seems as if they think you are offering 30 dollars for the lot, having missed the "per" (or perhaps not understood it?)...

Or could db mean "d----- bag"? What about FYVM? FY I think I know; what is VM? And Cimm is probably right, she must have thought you meant $30 total, rather than $30 per book. Clearly though, between misinterpreting your offer and based on her over the top response, she's clearly not the brightest or friendliest of eBay sellers...

db = deadbeat

and it seems as if they think you are offering 30 dollars for the lot, having missed the "per" (or perhaps not understood it?)...

I agree, your per was overlooked. Nothing worse then an overlooked per.

Still, I hope you dont get coal, maybe they know Santa.

:eek:

I think I will ask this seller an innocent question, see how he replies.

db = deadbeat

I agree, your per was overlooked. Nothing worse then an overlooked per.

Still, I hope you dont get coal, maybe they know Santa.

:eek:

I think I will ask this seller an innocent question, see how he replies.

Perhaps the "per" was overlooked. I should have said "$30per or $120 for the lot" but being the db mf that I am, I forgot too. And I didn't know how many would end with no bids.

and Know Santa? I was hoping THEY WERE my SECRET SANTA :boo:

And thanks anyway, Dr Watson, but I won't be sending any of my hard earned greenbacks their way, vicariously or otherwise

ebay.jpg

As a seller - low ball offers should be expected and even anticipated. One never knows when a seller may just take you up on it if it isn't too much of a margin.

I think this seller mis-read your offer as the $30 total not per.

RTFMT you DB. Ha ha!