• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is the 35-cent Variant Tit?

62 posts in this topic

Your logic is wrong yet once again CI - the fact that I have a friend who collects comics in no way contradicts any statements I may or may not have made

Come on, memory going in your old age?

You stated it was impossible for me to have any friends who collected comics, since you didn't know anyone who collected comics, blah, blah, blah...

Big fat LIE!

Kev even came on and stated he had some friends who collect, including that ASM horder, so I'm certain he remembers it.

Come on, memory going in your old age?

You stated it was impossible for me to have any friends who collected comics, since you didn't know anyone who collected comics, blah, blah, blah...

Big fat LIE!

Kev even came on and stated he had some friends who collect, including that ASM horder, so I'm certain he remembers it.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif Link please...

I just found it, and then deleted the page.

You stated you didn't hang around with anyone who collects comics, and stated that I was "one of a kind" for having a comic collecting friend.

Go do a search on "comic collecting friend" and then click on your name.

Joe, what does any of this have to do with a variant breast?

There's about nineteen things I would love to say to that... but I have to go to the Post Office, to mail a package to Joe_Collector of all people! blush.gif

Nothing, but as usual, the Forum Twerps are out in full force.

I was even planning on selling some comics for a relative who's quite ill, and these bozos proceeded to ruin the thread, harass and insult me, along with taking a few jabs at the poor old guy.

What's on for tonight guys, beating up babies and kicking puppies?

You stated you didn't hang around with anyone who collects comics, and stated that I was "one of a kind" for having a comic collecting friend.

Linkypoo popcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

Linkypoo popcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

This?

"I can honestly say that not a single person I hang out with on a regular basis collects comic books, and would guess that the same holds true for the majority of the collectors (not dealers or store owners) on this board."

Yep, this was true then, this is true today. Joe's statement is still incorrect:

"Please note for the record, that Banner has/had a friend who collected comics, which is in direct denial of previous statements slamming me for having a few friends who collected comics."

I was even planning on selling some comics for a relative who's quite ill, and these bozos proceeded to ruin the thread, harass and insult me, along with taking a few jabs at the poor old guy.

In fairness, JC, I think it was only a couple of guys that were busting your chops on that other thread. If someone really meant to make a joke out of your ailing relative, that is pretty low, though...

In fairness, JC, I think it was only a couple of guys that were busting your chops on that other thread. If someone really meant to make a joke out of your ailing relative, that is pretty low, though...

There are no "...couple of guys that were busting (Joes) chops...". Here's the whole exchange, which starts halfway thru the marketplace thread. Joe only mentions the sick relative after stating he's going to be slabbing some books "...destined for my collection. I *may* send a few more in for trading or resale (like the Powerman), but I haven't decided yet...as collecting Byrne slabs is my part-time hobby. It's a lot cheaper than selling them raw and then trying to buy them back slabbed.":

Joe: "This is going to a good cause. A relative isn't feeling well (understatement) and I thought it would be nice to surprise him with something nice."

gpcove: "Why not give him a Giant Size X-Men 1 ? He might find a new hobby cheers him up."

Joe: "You are on my hit list now, and cracking wise about someone who will soon pass on is pretty freaking low. "

gpcove: "If he is going to pass away I'm genuinely sorry if the comment seemed directed against him, it wasn't. In my defence, you didn't fully indicate the seriousness."

End of discussion.

He started getting busted on when he turned himself into a martyr by "taking his toys and going home" over an imagined slight. The guys a complete insufficiently_thoughtful_person that has more excuses to be on the cross then Jesus. Just ask him, he'll tell ya.

There are no "...couple of guys that were busting (Joes) chops...". Here's the whole exchange, which starts halfway thru the marketplace thread. Joe only mentions the sick relative after stating he's going to be slabbing some books "...destined for my collection. I *may* send a few more in for trading or resale (like the Powerman), but I haven't decided yet...as collecting Byrne slabs is my part-time hobby. It's a lot cheaper than selling them raw and then trying to buy them back slabbed.":

Joe: "This is going to a good cause. A relative isn't feeling well (understatement) and I thought it would be nice to surprise him with something nice."

gpcove: "Why not give him a Giant Size X-Men 1 ? He might find a new hobby cheers him up."

Joe: "You are on my hit list now, and cracking wise about someone who will soon pass on is pretty freaking low. "

gpcove: "If he is going to pass away I'm genuinely sorry if the comment seemed directed against him, it wasn't. In my defence, you didn't fully indicate the seriousness."

End of discussion.

In gpcove's post, he did say that he was glad to be on JC's hit list, though...I have no idea if gpcove meant the GS X-Men #1 comment as a crack, or was seriously suggesting that JC give it as a gift. I'm not familiar enough with either of the posters to know what their past relationship is (previous verbal jabs, etc.). When I read the comment by gp, it seemed innocuous enough, but maybe JC read it as being a dig at him. I just find these squabbles I see on here frequently as so petty.

I wasn't taking one side or the other. I'm just on here to talk and learn more about comics, like hopefully everyone else on the boards. JC kind of did fly of the handle in my opinion, but obviously his sick relative is a sensitive subject.

In gpcove's post, he did say that he was glad to be on JC's hit list, though...I have no idea if gpcove meant the GS X-Men #1 comment as a crack, or was seriously suggesting that JC give it as a gift.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Gee, I wonder. Just the usual pinhead response from a person with the IQ of a fruit fly and the arm strength of my grandmother.

"I can honestly say that not a single person I hang out with on a regular basis collects comic books, and would guess that the same holds true for the majority of the collectors (not dealers or store owners) on this board."

Yep, this was true then, this is true today. Joe's statement is still incorrect:

You do realize that this is just semantics and timing, right? Can you grasp those concepts?

One day you're friends with comic collectors, and the next day you're not. Today I'm friends with a collector and maybe next week I won't be? People move, change locales and jobs and friends switch with the times.

I just think it's inherently rude that because AT THIS POINT IN TIME, I have a friend who is a collector, and you have also been in the same situation, and that this would elicit a "you're one of the kind, one of kind" comment.

So what were you back when this comic collector was your friend? Two of a kind?

You do realize that just the act of hijacking the Marketplace thread and insulting me ranks quite low on the human decency scale. I don't expect much from these bozos, but this hits a new low.

He started getting busted on when he turned himself into a martyr by "taking his toys and going home" over an imagined slight.

Oh yeah, all you pinheads proceed to hijack the Marketplace thread, insult me, take jabs at my ailing kin, and somehow you think you're mentally healthy?

The only thing "imagined" was that you had even a shred of human decency in your bodies.