• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Sellers to Avoid...

159 posts in this topic

Or, when he calls, get IRATE at your "employee". Say something like "I warned you not to do this again!" Cue up some gunshots on Youtube, turn up your volume, and see what you can do to freak him out.

The important thing is to have fun. It looks like you only need about $3 and change worth of entertainment to square things up.

Or, when he calls, get IRATE at your "employee". Say something like "I warned you not to do this again!" Cue up some gunshots on Youtube, turn up your volume, and see what you can do to freak him out.

THIS. Also, record it for us.

THIS. Also, record it for us.

Oh man, that would be the best. Like the Jerkie Boys, there would be a thread dedicated to forumites messing with bad eBay sellers.

lol

"You son of a gun, Last time, you mailed an elephant to Zimbabwe because you wanted to set it free. I'LL KILL YOU I TELL YA!"

I just has a problem with ebay seller: bronze! (Tom Raski). Aside from being a chronic over grader, he is a complete liar and a tool. He sold me a MILLIE THE MODEL #40 listed as VF- 7.5 and complete with no missing pages. When I got the book I discovered that the pin up page had been cut out. I contacted him and he agreed to a full refund plus $3.50 for return shipping. He refunded me my original paypal payment, but did not refund me for the shipping cost. He then refused to answer any of my emails for over a week. So I finally had to leave him a neg on his seller feedback.

Do yourselves a favor and avoid this jerk.

You'll be happy to know this guy threw it right back up on the Bay. Although he did disclose the missing page.

I just has a problem with ebay seller: bronze! (Tom Raski). Aside from being a chronic over grader, he is a complete liar and a tool. He sold me a MILLIE THE MODEL #40 listed as VF- 7.5 and complete with no missing pages. When I got the book I discovered that the pin up page had been cut out. I contacted him and he agreed to a full refund plus $3.50 for return shipping. He refunded me my original paypal payment, but did not refund me for the shipping cost. He then refused to answer any of my emails for over a week. So I finally had to leave him a neg on his seller feedback.

You'll be happy to know this guy threw it right back up on the Bay. Although he did disclose the missing page.

He did.

Would be VF- 7.5 condition, but the paper dolls page is missing! Arrgh!

http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=bronze%21+&Dirn=Received+by

Purchased comic as 9.0 came back 7.0 from cgc. I haven't called on notes and would chalk this up to ebay raws but out of my 30 book submission this stuck out. I wouldn't have posted except I found this post from a search.

Is there a full list of all Ebay users to stay away from? If not I propose one be made similar to the probation members...where it gets updated and we aren't forced to filter through the 15 pages.

It's been tried, but such a list gets pulled every time. We are allowed to have our own probation list for transactions conducted on these forums, but I think having a comprehensive list of 'bad' Ebay sellers opens up a can of worms that CGC (rightfully) shouldn't have to deal with for buys/sells that happen at a third-party site. It seems like it would leave them exposed to lawsuits for defamation of character and the like, and I'd rather them pull such threads than shut down these free forums entirely in order to avoid such legal headaches.

For example, if you hated your next-door neighbor, you couldn't rent out a billboard in town and make unsubstantiated allegations regarding their character, without expecting some sort of legal reprisal. If CGC allowed us to 'blacklist' members of third-party sites, they are in effect condoning it, and that leaves 'em wide open to frivolous lawsuits, whether or not the allegations are true. I'm not a lawyer, but I think the burden of proof of the truth of those allegations would lie in CGC's court, and since they don't run those sites, good luck with that.

Again, IANAL ('I am not a lawyer', not my sexual preference lol ), but that's what I've gathered from my time here.

Now, making a thread asking 'Is XXX Ebay seller a crook?' is a little different. CGC isn't saying that the person is a crook, they're just allowing discussion about that person without taking a side. I don't think that's legally actionable by the aggrieved party. That's why if you have a question about a possibly shady seller/buyer, do a forum search. If they've been up to no good in the past, there's probably a thread about it...just don't expect to see all of them collected into one tidy thread at once.

Anybody ever buy from a wxproduction eBay seller before? I performed a word search in here but couldn't find anything about that seller in here. He/she has a lot of high grade raw Marvel books currently listed on eBay. They do mention whether the books have restoration or not but it just seems like they're a bit too much like bijoubaby05 in their selling presentations. hm

Let me know if you've bought from them before and what your experience was. They might be legit but then again they might not.

Anybody ever buy from a wxproduction eBay seller before? I performed a word search in here but couldn't find anything about that seller in here.

There are two threads with wxproduction in the title.

First.

Second.

Thank you! :)

Well comdude22 is a guy I am never buying from again. After trying to talk to him about a severely over graded Avengers 54 he flew off the handle and start calling me all sorts of names under the sun. Then he found this thread (see below) and decided to try and "expose me for the insufficiently_thoughtful_person I am" according to him, which clearly backfired. He followed me and continued to harrasse me until I flat out ignored him.

Left him negative feedback on ebay and funny enough it was removed within minutes. I called eBay about it and they said that it was removed because the seller had claimed I was extorting him. Had the rep go through my messages where I never asked for anything in return, simply wanting an admission that he over graded. I simply stated he was getting negative feedback.

Apparently you can't inform the person he is getting negative feedback for any reason or it is considered extortion. Retarded since eBay asks you to talk with the seller before leaving negative feedback. Anyways, this was the first time I ever had to leave negative feedback and I have been on eBay since 2001.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=50&Number=5833873&Searchpage=1&Main=264266&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post5833873

Well comdude22 is a guy I am never buying from again. After trying to talk to him about a severely over graded Avengers 54 he flew off the handle and start calling me all sorts of names under the sun. Then he found this thread (see below) and decided to try and "expose me for the insufficiently_thoughtful_person I am" according to him, which clearly backfired. He followed me and continued to harrasse me until I flat out ignored him.

Left him negative feedback on ebay and funny enough it was removed within minutes. I called eBay about it and they said that it was removed because the seller had claimed I was extorting him. Had the rep go through my messages where I never asked for anything in return, simply wanting an admission that he over graded. I simply stated he was getting negative feedback.

Apparently you can't inform the person he is getting negative feedback for any reason or it is considered extortion. Retarded since eBay asks you to talk with the seller before leaving negative feedback. Anyways, this was the first time I ever had to leave negative feedback and I have been on eBay since 2001.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=50&Number=5833873&Searchpage=1&Main=264266&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post5833873

He needs negative feedback just for putting 'CGC IT' in his listings title.

He needs negative feedback just for putting 'CGC IT' in his listings title.

:applause: