• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Creepshow signed by Stephen King

33 posts in this topic

Im not familiar with Mr Kings availability for signings, nor the value of his signature.

Is this price way off base? Im guessing yes. If not I may start searching out Mr King to get my Nearmint plus 1st edition of Creepshow signed!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-Creepshow-SIGNED-1ST-ED_W0QQitemZ220305499081QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAntiquarian_Collectible?hash=item220305499081&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A16%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

King sigs add between $300-500 to the price of the book, he doesn't do a lot of signings anymore. I just crawled Abebooks, there are three signed copies of this on there, $1400, $1850, and $2500, so this price isn't totally out of whack.

I allways wonder how sigs are verified in non Comic, books signed.

When there isnt a verifying source, such as CGC how do you know its the real deal?

I have seen first editions of Kings works signed go for crazy money but I would be a little nervouse plunking down a ton of cash if the sig was unverified.

:o

Next trip to Maine....I'm getting mine signed... ;)

If he refuses, whack his ankles.

I assume you referance the Movie Misery?

One of the best adaptions of Kings work and I STILL CRINGE when I think of that scene! :P

What would really be cool is if you had Berni Wrightson, Stephen King, and Joe Hill "Kings son" sign the copy.

I didnt realize this before, but I understand Kings son had a Cameo along with his dad in the Flick.

Joe was the kid getting Harrased by his dad for reading those DAMMM funny books at the beggining of CREEPSHOW!

Yep, Joe King (Joe Hill now) has a cameo as "Billy", and Stephen King of course plays the lead character in the "Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill" segment. It would have been cool to get the cover signed by Jack Kamen when he was still with us too. Tom Savini appears as one of the garbage men near the end of the film. He makes conventions appearances quite a bit also.

There are a lot of fake Stephen King autographs out there. The best way to protect yourself is to only buy from well-established reputable dealers, or only buy signed and numbered limited editons.

True.

There are also a lot of real signatures as he signed his books through the mail for many years before stopping a few years ago.

The price on this book seems very high to me... especially considering the book. As an investment, a signed copy of one of his seminal works -- The Stand, The Shining, etc -- would be a much wiser spend.

I wrote to King requesting that he sign a book years ago and was placed on the "waiting list." After about 2 years, I got a letter from his secretary stating that he could no longer sign due to volume of requests, however, they included a Stephen King signed slip of paper... like a bookmarker. It's a real signature... I would have preferred a signed book, but it's better then nothing.

I want to get my copy of this signed:

rage.jpg

First printing (wasn't released in HC first) of his first Bachman book. Book is no longer published in any form because King had it pulled due to content (school shootings). I think it's a nice piece of King 'history' all around. I wonder if he'd sign it though, since he stopped reprinting it. At any rate I was thrilled to buy it a few years ago, it's the nicest copy I've seen for sale.

rage.jpg

First printing (wasn't released in HC first) of his first Bachman book. Book is no longer published in any form because King had it pulled due to content (school shootings). I think it's a nice piece of King 'history' all around. I wonder if he'd sign it though, since he stopped reprinting it. At any rate I was thrilled to buy it a few years ago, it's the nicest copy I've seen for sale.

What did you pay if you dont mind me asking?

rage.jpg

:takeit:

rage.jpg

What did you pay if you dont mind me asking?

$250-$300 something I think...it's been a while. I know I paid too much, but it was one of my grails, and I've been a huge SK fan since I was in the 5th grade (36 now). It was on E-Bay, and there was a bidding war between me and three other cats. Very intense 5 minutes!

Really nice copy. I would consider Stephen King books my second biggest category of collection joy, next to comics. I don't really have any showcase pieces as of yet, a few DT artist editions, most of the HC's in 1st Edition, but I would eventually love to have some nice King items such as that Rage!

Other than the new novel, I have all Stephen King novels, so I guess it is time to start getting earlier editions of each. "Rage" is a screwy and horrible story (especially given that my wife is a teacher) and I am glad that he SK stopped printing it.