• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Festivus - air your grievances!

131 posts in this topic

Let's see if it worked. It worked! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I hadn't realised what was going on. That was kinda like having a booger hanging out of your nose for five years and not realising it.
all this time I thought you were doing it on purpose doh!

Steve Ditko is the most overrated hack in the history of comics.

Kind of agree. The best Spidey cover from the first 3 years was by Kirby, and they got a lot better once JR showed up.

In fairness to Ditko, I thought that ASM started to get really good around issue 11, as they worked out what they were doing. Had Romita been the artist from day one, sure, the covers would have been better, but I'm struggling to think of great characters designed by Romita. Wasn't that more Kirby's speciality? All those classic Spidey villains from the Ditko era might not have been so classic in less-talented hands.

In other developments, I really dislike Starman's costume. Great stories and art, ridiculous outfit. Early Sandman was outstanding, then ruined by dressing him in a purple and yellow monstrosity and giving him a cute kid sidekick, thus making him exactly the same as 99% of other superheroes at the time!

Let's see, what else to moan about? It's been a long time since I read a reprint of Detective 1, but I liked the Slam Bradley story, so I'll complain about them not giving him his own title!

Let's see if it worked. It worked! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I hadn't realised what was going on. That was kinda like having a booger hanging out of your nose for five years and not realising it.

To what end?

To what end?

never gave that a second thought...figured you had to see your posts taking up all that room, so you had to "know" it was happening ...just assumed you did it intentionally lol ... (thumbs u