• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman Bondage Cover!!!

13 posts in this topic

Action469.jpg

I crack up every time I see this cover. It was not one of Supes better days. However, the back private life of Clark Kent is a classic Christmas story by Bob Rozakis. Clark is left alone for Christmas as his friends and co-workers are gone for the holidays. He returns to Smallville and sees two orphans waiting for Santa. Being twice-oprhaned himself, he identifies with the kids and spends his Christmas bonus from Morgan Edge on the orphanage and has a very merry Christmas after all. A classic Rozakis story.

It must be Metropolis' equivalent of the WTC. wink.gif

It's funny that this comes up because I recently started putting together WTC covers. I worked at the WTC and it is especially close to my heart.... I like looking at images of it in better days.

Superman:The Man of Steel 1 has a nice WTC cover. Also, a Captain America issue from the early 90s had a great patriotic WTC gold foil cover (the number escapes me). Has anyone ever put together a list of WTC covers?

Also, a Captain America issue from the early 90s had a great patriotic WTC gold foil cover (the number escapes me). Has anyone ever put together a list of WTC covers?

Here's the Cap to which I referred. 383. Image attached.

328430-CaptainAmerica383.jpg.f39b71d81d3f845d2c0162eb61957fc2.jpg

scan0002.jpg

Since this has turned into a twin towers thread, here is one from action 428, dated 1973. Wasn't this pretty close to the time they were opened? This one was going for high dollars after 911. Some of the descriptions were borderline tasteless. Some even used this as DC foretelling the future. Events like 911 sure do make wish Superman existed.