• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adm22 SPAMMER of the Year

25 posts in this topic

From the way I understand things one needs the title of the show in the subject title and then a specific date to have a link in the calender listings on this board. If someone knows how to make the links work for multiple days on one posting let me know and I will do it that way. I made all the posts at once since this forum does not work well with the way I normally have my computer set up for the interent.

So is there a prize to go with this award?

From the way I understand things one needs the title of the show in the subject title and then a specific date to have a link in the calender listings on this board. If someone knows how to make the links work for multiple days on one posting let me know and I will do it that way. I made all the posts at once since this forum does not work well with the way I normally have my computer set up for the interent.

So is there a prize to go with this award?

You don't need to create a new thread at all. Just go to the Calendar in the maroon colored bar and find the correct date (first day) and then click "Add event" and entitle it, then put in a little description. Then you're done. No need to make threads about it because all you had to do was put it on the calendar. If people want to make a thread to discuss said event, then let them do so. What you're doing is in effect, spamming in a forum just to advertise the shows. That's counter-productive as there's a Calendar function on that menu bar for that very reason already.

I know adm22 (Alan) personally and he organizes a bunch of one-day comic shows in the Midwest. He's a good guy but I agree he shouldn't dump all of the notices on the boards all at one time. Post the notice for each show about a month of ahead of time and I assume nobody would gripe about that. (thumbs u

Mike

I know adm22 (Alan) personally and he organizes a bunch of one-day comic shows in the Midwest. He's a good guy but I agree he shouldn't dump all of the notices on the boards all at one time. Post the notice for each show about a month of ahead of time and I assume nobody would gripe about that. (thumbs u

Mike

I know Alan too, and I agree with everything you said. I attend many of his shows, and this forum helps me keep track of them. I don't see anything wrong with starting a thread about each show, as long as he just posts about each show individually a few weeks ahead of time, instead of doing them all at once. I don't know about anyone else, but I virtually never look at the calendar, I just look at the threads.