• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adm22 SPAMMER of the Year

25 posts in this topic

This is to collect all upcoming events. In order to help people find events, let's follow some basic guidelines:

1) Put the NAME the DATE and the CITY in the title

2) ALWAYS click "List as event in calendar" in the check boxes at the bottom before submitting. This will make the post show up as an event in the "calendar" link at the top

Note that this is also the place to organize forum get togethers, and even to have discussion threads related specifically to events. e.g. "Has anyone been to XXXX? Is it good for golden age stuff?"

Regards,

Arch

Edited by Architecht (08/12/04 06:39 AM)

So...pizz off Rocker

This is to collect all upcoming events. In order to help people find events, let's follow some basic guidelines:

2) ALWAYS click "List as event in calendar" in the check boxes at the bottom before submitting. This will make the post show up as an event in the "calendar" link at the top

Note that this is also the place to organize forum get togethers, and even to have discussion threads related specifically to events. e.g. "Has anyone been to XXXX? Is it good for golden age stuff?"

Regards,

Arch

So...pizz off Rocker

Now discuss the 200 events he spammed.

So...no, you pizz off greggy. And Merry X-Mas too you :censored:

Actually it was more like 23 events spammed :juggle::kidaround:

Regards,

Arch

So...pizz off Rocker

Now discuss the 200 events he spammed.

So...no, you pizz off greggy. And Merry X-Mas too you :censored:

I didn't mind the shows this guy put up .. (shrug) went to a few of them and was able to cherry pick some awesome bronze ~ copper ~ modern age books all in NM condition and found some really nice silver age stuff too.

I like coming here and getting the info for up coming events around my area that way I don't have to go far.

I agree with Mr. Silvestri.

I also support anyone who is trying to make an honest living and does their part to help this hobby grow. It starts with the smaller local shows. It's not always about large venues like San Diego.

Cheers!

N

just as easy to post the adm show list in one thread with all dates and locations. When you punch others shows to page 3, that is spamming no matter who is trying to make a living..

just as easy to post the adm show list in one thread with all dates and locations. When you punch others shows to page 3, that is spamming no matter who is trying to make a living..

Should SDCC feel the need to promote Wondercon, APE and SDCC would they need to make 1 post with all 3 shows? It might work for them since you could get all three in the title.

I agree he should not post a years worth of shows in 1 day. These small shows don't generate much discussion and will get buried several pages deep when 8 months goes buy and it's time for the show.

I don't think he broke any rules but it would be better for him if he list only shows within the next couple on months.

I do sell at several of his little 1 day shows and he does a good job of promoting them and he keeps the table prices cheap. Most of his shows are Sat at one location and Sun at another a few hours away.

I also agree with Mr. Silvestri that deals are easy to find at his shows. I don't recommend making a road trip to attend one but if you live within 1-2 hours it could be worth it.

Leroy

Should SDCC feel the need to promote Wondercon, APE and SDCC would they need to make 1 post with all 3 shows? It might work for them since you could get all three in the title.

I agree he should not post a years worth of shows in 1 day. These small shows don't generate much discussion and will get buried several pages deep when 8 months goes buy and it's time for the show.

I don't think he broke any rules but it would be better for him if he list only shows within the next couple on months.

I do sell at several of his little 1 day shows and he does a good job of promoting them and he keeps the table prices cheap. Most of his shows are Sat at one location and Sun at another a few hours away.

I also agree with Mr. Silvestri that deals are easy to find at his shows. I don't recommend making a road trip to attend one but if you live within 1-2 hours it could be worth it.

Leroy

Leroy!!! WHAT'S UP???!!!

Bill

Just making my 1 post a month...........

Can't post again now until Feb 2009

Leroy

Great to see you on these rare posts.

See you in 30 days L. lol

That's funny because it happens on these boards all the time but when your posting to something it's O.K !! RIGHT??

It's also easy to make posts to one thread in many other places in this forum but people feel compelled to bump other threads to top spots and push everything else down but hey if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen Pirate.

Well... in some cases, I think there were shows that won't be taking place until months from now. I can't say that makes much sense unless it is one of those big shows that will need preparation--NYCC for example. People need to know in advance in order to contact witnesses, hotel reservations, etc. Not so necessary for small shows. I often post a notice for the local show here in CT, but will typically only do so a week or two in advance. Those who might go have plenty of notice. I think posting more closely to the actual dates might be more useful and will help keep from clogging the events forum.

Dude spammed the forum & in so doing won the award for spammer of the year.
Guy posted in the proper forum. Spamming is having some mooch post some info regarding some local get together in 3 different forums, jackazz.

Guy posted in the proper forum. Spamming is having some mooch post some info regarding some local get together in 3 different forums, jackazz.

Cheezewhiz ordered a case of SPAM with his eggs. I don't really mind; though it makes it hard to find the MegaCon thread you one note shiiiteewhistle.

Cheezewhiz ordered a case of SPAM with his eggs. I don't really mind; though it makes it hard to find the MegaCon thread you one note shiiiteewhistle.

:acclaim: