• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your thoughts on the "RECALLED" books?

7 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if this has been posted anywhere else...but I was wondering about your thoughts on the recalled versions of ALL-STAR BATMAN #10 and ACTION COMICS #869.

ASBatman10recalled.jpgactioncomics869recalled.jpg

Do you think these will be a cool thing to own, collector's items, or just a fad for the time being?

I am considering buying both, but can't decide on waiting for the price to drop (if they do) or just forgetting about them.

Your thoughts are aprreciated!

Bruce

All Star is far too attainable. Basically, the LCS' had to be in good faith and a lot were not. Not to mention, the title doesn't have a good rep. Lastly, it's kind of a lame-o thing to be recalled for anyway.

For Action, that's a tough one. Harder to come by than All Star 10. It's all about where Johns' takes the book. Personally, Johns has made me interested in a title I never cared about. Main problem here is that I think it will be buried in the Action volume over the years. I just don't hear as many people talking about it (probably due to the proximity of All Star 10). On the flipside, that could be advantageous. It just seems that something gets a bit hot, forgetten, and later nostalgia revives it.

Overall, if you can get them cheap: great. If not, I'd skip it.

Pat

Thanks, Pat.

I put a bid in on a set of the All-star Batman and Robin #10, and won them for a fairly good price. I paid 25.00 for the variant copy and the original copy of the recalled issues.

3f1e_1.jpg

They are ungraded, but if I get to a Wizard World show this year, I will try to get them graded. Overall, I'm happy with the buy.

So what was the deal with the Batman? Something about editing obscenities?

I dont get how half naked female superheroes are alright but a beer on the cover is taboo!

hm

So what was the deal with the Batman? Something about editing obscenities?

I dont get how half naked female superheroes are alright but a beer on the cover is taboo!

hm

Yeah, the deal with the Batman was that Batgirl dropped some "foul language".... and the printers did not cover it up with dark enough blackouts.

They made it through to shipping and was supposed to get shredded at the comic stores....(recalled). As you can see, some of the comic shops were not honest about their shred requests and posted on ebay under another ebay name (so their stores would not get into trouble through DC). Because of this, the prices went CRAZY for about two weeks, but have finally settled down. Some of the CGC 9.8's are still selling for over 100 for the regular cover, and 500 for the variant cover.

I've looked for circulation numbers, but only came up with two statements...the first being "a few thousand" and the second being "10% of the normal run made it out"

Not sure what a normal print run is for ALL-Star Batman and Robin, however.