• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

recalled modern books...your thoughts?

25 posts in this topic

hmmm.

Is it wrong to buy what you don't care about, just because you see a future higher value? Like the stock market.

Sure, the market is down and there are no guarantees, but the market made a killing over the last few years. Can't comic book speculators also make a killing, if they are good (or lucky)?

I understand the sentiment about "only buy what you enjoy, therefore you can not lose". But the biggest names in the comic book selling industry, seem to not really care about the books. Just about the money they can and sometimes do make.

Comic books are a passion to many of us, but I have met many that view comic books as just a commodity.

I don't necessarily agree with the "buy only what you like and you can't lose" crowd. I believe that sometimes, when you see something that obviously is going to be "hot", you should buy multiple high grade copies.

I don't care one wit about "Dickie Dare", Buck Rogers", "Is This Tomorrow" or "Gasoline Alley", yet, I bought them. And it was worth it! Sure, they are Golden Age comics, but how many bought multiple copies of Conan the nude version, or ASM 300, and may have not cared about Conan or Spidey (as strange as it sounds, there are some out there), and do not regret one bit about having done so.

I'm not saying to buy every new book in multiples (been there and done that and it was a mistake), but I am saying that sometimes an opportunity presents itself and sometimes, some of you (not me usually) are very astute and know what is going to be a big hit. You should buy it, regardless of whether you like it or not. We all do, so let's tell the truth. None (okay, most) of us buy stuff that we do not like, because of speculation. We have regrets for sure, but we also have winners, that help pay for the stuff that we do like.

Does anyone really like Wonder Woman or Doctor Strange?

Fad, I missed the boat... :sorry:

But seriously,I agree with the majority. I buy what I like, if it accrues value, that's a plus. I'm still getting my #10 recall signed and subbed in Feb. even though the demand dropped.

Where can you get it signed at? I suppose you're talking about getting it signed by Jim Lee, right?

Mr. Lee at the NYCC! :banana:

I am not sure how accurate the numbers are, but there is a website for recalled comics ( it may be wikipedia) anyhow, it says there were 1000 plus of the regular cover and 200 plus of the variant distributed. Whatever plus means?

thanks for the info! I've been searching for circulation records off and on for a couple of days!

I wonder how accurate those numbers are? hm