• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

recalled modern books...your thoughts?

25 posts in this topic

I POSTED THIS I MODERN COMICS ALSO, BUT THOUGHT I WOULD GET A BETTER RESPONSE HERE.

I realize that several of you are not collectors of modern comics, but still wanted to get your thoughts on these two books.

I'm not sure if this has been posted anywhere else...but I was wondering about your thoughts on the recalled versions of ALL-STAR BATMAN #10 and ACTION COMICS #869.

I am considering buying both, but can't decide on waiting for the price to drop (if they do) or just forgetting about them.

Do you think these will be a cool thing to own, collector's items, or just a fad for the time being?

ASBatman10recalled.jpgactioncomics869recalled.jpg

Your thoughts are aprreciated!

Bruce

Wait till the price drops...and always collect what you think is cool! (thumbs u

My feelings are irrelevant; if it's cool to you that's all that should matter; if resell is a concern, then it's always a risky position to take with Moderns. I do find that the Action Comics may be more interesting simply because you can see the mistake right there on the cover.

I've been researching the selling prices of the All-star Batman and Robin and noticed a significant decline in price just over the past few days. I just watched a CGC 9.6 sell for $35,00...it would have sold for around 100.00 a week ago.

Complete fad.

If you really enjoy the books and want to own them, I would wait, as the prices continue to decline on these books (as you know). If you are looking to purchase them as "collector's items" that will accrue in value, definitely look elsewhere.

But, as pointed out, collect what you love, not what someone else thinks is cool.

If there are more than 100 of each in circulation I would say it is not worth buying as the time for making really good return on them has likely ended and it will be a long time before interest rises, if ever, in these again.

Complete fad.

If you really enjoy the books and want to own them, I would wait, as the prices continue to decline on these books (as you know). If you are looking to purchase them as "collector's items" that will accrue in value, definitely look elsewhere.

But, as pointed out, collect what you love, not what someone else thinks is cool.

thats the way I see it as well (thumbs u

If you'd like to get the Batman book based on its collectability (the error) in it I'd probably go after the variant cover. Further you may want to wait until you are at a show to pick it up to get a better deal on it, but either book will eventually cool down in price.

That being said, Im in agreement with everyone else, pick up books you enjoy.

A friend and I were discussing these books and he asked, what the circulation might be. Any way to find this out? The closest thing I could find was a statement that said, "a few thousand".

I think that's about as accurate as it's going to get. The only shops that received these, as far as I'm aware, were the large shops that receive their orders on Tuesdays. And being that those are usually HUGE stores with online customers also, they probably ordered hundreds of issues each, and there's hundreds of these stores.

I found another site that says, 10% of the circulation made it to the public. If this is true...I'm not sure what the run is on ALL-Star Batman and Robin, but I'm sure it's close to, if not over 100,000. 10% of that would be 10,000 copies.

Not really that important to me, but just curious....is all.

Fad, I missed the boat... :sorry:

But seriously,I agree with the majority. I buy what I like, if it accrues value, that's a plus. I'm still getting my #10 recall signed and subbed in Feb. even though the demand dropped.

Where can you get it signed at? I suppose you're talking about getting it signed by Jim Lee, right?