• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman 621

5 posts in this topic

Anyone read it yet? I thought it was better than 620 at the very least. The story seems to be picking up a bit of steam and looks to have some potential. Not as good as the Hush storyline, but how can you top that.

Any thoughts???

I'm finding the whole thing a bit muddled. I'm not quite sure what's going on, and in a bad way. Compare to something like Watchmen where you weren't quite sure what was going on but in a good way. Watchmen made you think about what was going on, ponder it, look for clues in the backgrounds, and wait (and wait and wait) for the next issue.

For great Batman right now, check out Batman Adventures. Eel O' Brien has been in it the past few issues and there's a surprise villain in the last panel of the latest issue. I can't wait to see what happens.

Yes, and I agree, it was much better than #620. I had said before, that we had to give it some time. Azzarello stories usually take a couple issues to sort out what is going on, and where the story is headed. Very good issue, and I anticipate good things for the story.

An interesting point about this arc was brought up in the latest CBG. Whereas "Hush" was a quintessential "Superhero Book", "Broken City" is a noir detective story that may have been better served as a mini-series. What do you guys think?

Chris

CHris,

If I am not mistaken, I thought that this story was originally supposed to be a graphic novel. And when DC was looking for a replacement team, they asked them (Azz, and Risso) if they wanted to do the comic book instead.

I think this stroy arc was supposed to be for the graphic novel. I can't remember where I read that though. Probably Wizard. confused-smiley-013.gif