• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help on High Grade Tomb Of Dracula #1

4 posts in this topic

I have a ToD #1 that's in very high grade. I suspect it's somewhere between 8.5 and 9.2 I feel that some type of third party grading service would obviously help the sell. The question is: Should I send it to CGC and wait 6 weeks or try out CGG? Is there that much differance between the two systems to cause, in effect, a down grading of the final selling price? Or perhaps I should just make a super large scan and see if their is sufficent interest that way? confused.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

A good first step might be to put a large scan on here, if you can. You have some excellent graders here, and they could give you some opinions on what they feel the grade range would be. That's what I would do, if I was considering slabbing something.

I have a ToD #1 that's in very high grade. I suspect it's somewhere between 8.5 and 9.2 I feel that some type of third party grading service would obviously help the sell. The question is: Should I send it to CGC and wait 6 weeks or try out CGG? Is there that much differance between the two systems to cause, in effect, a down grading of the final selling price? Or perhaps I should just make a super large scan and see if their is sufficent interest that way? confused.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Post a scan first, and if you're looking for the best $$ return, go with CGC if the book is high grade. CGG will give you a quicker turnaround time, but I don't think CGG books are bringing the multiples that a CGC book would...