• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SO.CAL FORUM DINNER PICS

59 posts in this topic

Had a great time meeting everyone. Thanks Grinder for putting this thing together, it was awesome. Mrs. SNiPER even enjoyed it, says she wants to start collecting Phantom Lady's now (nice! I can pretend their mine when she's gone :whistle:) Looking forward to the Feb. get together.

Val & Lana

Thanks for posting the pics. It looks like everyone had a great time! (thumbs u

Great food, great comics, great company and pretty ladies. What more could you want? (shrug)

hm

So the guys were great company but the ladies were just pretty? (tsk)

:baiting:

Thanks for posting the pics. It looks like everyone had a great time! (thumbs u

Great food, great comics, great company and pretty ladies. What more could you want? (shrug)

hm

So the guys were great company but the ladies were just pretty? (tsk)

:baiting:

I would have said the guys were pretty too but I'm just not like that..... mehlol

I'm sure the ladies were great company as well. :blush:

Nice work Grinder......Looks like you all had a great time.

You all look so .....uh.....normal :grin:

CAPfreak must be with someone there......or else he has a really good job......cuz payin for a Lobster and Prime Rib dinner at 17 is OUCH !!!

I saw CapFreak's location was listed as Shacktown and chuckled since that is one of my all-time favorite Duck books (thumbs u

:gossip: I heard he owns a software company. Or maybe he pulled a MutantKeys and just ordered fries.

This is Mrs. GGGRRIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNDDDDDDER

I was very impressed with Cap Freak, he is well educated in Comics, knows more about comics than some 40 yr olds. The Snipers were very nice people I especially enjoyed talking to Mrs. Sniper.

Thanks!

This is Mrs Sniper ;)

Thank you all for such a nice evening! Special thanks to the Grinder's for getting everyone together -- especially to Mrs. Grinder for keeping me company :) My husband promised me there would be lots of wife’s there -- Ha! Not that I don't mind being one of the only princesses at the ball :)

We are looking forward to seeing everyone at the Yorba Linda show in February. Also looking forward to being in the presence of 'the great one' again -- yes, I am talking about Capfreak -- his collection will be the envy of us all when he is our age!

Happy New Year!

Mrs Sniper

Grinder,

Thanks for organizing the dinner, it was a pleasure meeting everyone.

Jay, thanks for the giveaway comic, I look forward to reading it.

My only comment is that you silver age guys need to sell your books and flip them for Golden Age! With the possible exception of some of those Adams GL's and Batmans!

What really cracked Mike and me up was that all the silver/bronze age was slabbed and the majority of the Golden Age was in Mylar and all had been read. That's just an old school collector talking though. You guys would be appalled at some of my collection; which sat in poly bags for over twenty years! Hey, they only cost 20 cents!

Frank

OK, Capfreak needs a freaking haircut

Someone needs to tuck his shirt in too. That look went out with 90's boy bands.

I think he looks fine!

Laurin are you saying he looks fine. Or he looks FINE!!!!

Are you crushin on Cap freak??? I can pass him a note in home room tomorrow if you want?

Just kiddin!

OK, Capfreak needs a freaking haircut

Someone needs to tuck his shirt in too. That look went out with 90's boy bands.

I think he looks fine!

Laurin are you saying he looks fine. Or he looks FINE!!!!

Are you crushin on Cap freak??? I can pass him a note in home room tomorrow if you want?

Just kiddin!

Cap Freak is not the one with the Bud Bundy stylin' shirt look :gossip:

If you still want to pass a note to Cap in homeroom that is your prerogative ;)