• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Lee's sig on X-Men#1

9 posts in this topic

FakeSaleen,

Send the book to DesertWindComics (Chandler). He can get a Stan Lee signature on that book for you much less than that price. Send him a PM and he can go over the particulars with you.

And this is just me, but unless you're planning to sell the book (and 1.0 restored copies typically don't sell for much as unrestored copies normally only go for guide value), don't waste the money on it--you probably won't make enough for all of the effort you'd be putting into it.

On the otherhand, if this is for your collection, then by all means go for it since it is something for you to enjoy. :) Hope that helps!

Thanks for the info, Mac. BTW, congrats on getting your AF#15 grail! I was following you quest for quite sometime and am glad it worked out for you.

I've actually bidded against you a few times.

No, I don't plan on selling it at all. Just curious as what it'd do for the value.

I'll send Chandler a PM.

Thanks!

Might be an uphill climb for resale, but it never hurts to have Stan's sig. It's more cost effective to go through Chandler. Of course meeting Stan is awesome too, watching the legend personally sign your book is a lot of fun.

Most definitely! That's majority of the reason I've considered just paying the price and flying out there. I don't know how many opportunities will exist considering he just turned 86.

Thanks for the info, Mac. BTW, congrats on getting your AF#15 grail! I was following you quest for quite sometime and am glad it worked out for you.

I've actually bidded against you a few times.

No, I don't plan on selling it at all. Just curious as what it'd do for the value.

I'll send Chandler a PM.

Thanks!

If it's for you, then by all means do it. Having a Stan Lee sig is badass! And thanks for the well-wishes; I count myself fortunate to have acquired that book when I did.

So Mr.Lee will be at the LA con and I'd like to meet him and have him sign my Restored (CGC 1.0) X-men#1.

Will having his signature increase my book value by $300? (Cost of signing)

hm

Make sure if you do have him sign the book that a CGC witness is present. Otherwise it will end up with a qualified label.