• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The purpose of stars?

22 posts in this topic

It depends on how important it is to you to be one of the "pretty people". If you're happy being yourself and aren't overly concerned about what some guy sitting behind a computer halfway around the world thinks of your latest post trash talking his favorite funny-book character then less is better. thumbsup2.gif

Definitely less...anyone can have 5 stars

sign-funnypost.gif

He's kidding whet. The stars really don't mean a thing. It's just a way for users to rate one another. As far as I know there is no way to tell who rated you what, other than asking them.

It depends on how important it is to you to be one of the "pretty people".

Trust me, I see myself every morning... and it ain't pretty.

(P.S. I think this is responsible for 3 of my stars.)

Well, there is the "feeling sorry for Valiant collectors" aspect, but I'd say you earned those stars with actual time invested in producing a tool that benefits (or could if they use it) pretty much everyone here......for free. thumbsup2.gif

No one's "feeling sorry for Valiant collectors" here and handing out stars.

When I first got here, I was a solid one/two star guy just for mentioning "Valiant".

Wait a minute... are you guys coming around? Pity is so much better than hatred.

When I first got here, I was a solid one/two star guy just for mentioning "Valiant".

Wait a minute... are you guys coming around? Pity is so much better than hatred.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but- there was only one ranting lunatic that actually showed you some (spiteful, venomous, out of control, borderline obsessive) hatred for what you collect, right? Other people may have given you a little bit of a hard time, but I can only really recall one royal [!@#%^&^] who basically equated you to a serial killer for enjoying and promoting Valiants.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but- there was only one ranting lunatic that actually showed you some (spiteful, venomous, out of control, borderline obsessive) hatred for what you collect, right? Other people may have given you a little bit of a hard time, but I can only really recall one royal [!@#%^&^] who basically equated you to a serial killer for enjoying and promoting Valiants.

You know what? I think you're right.

... and all this time I thought I was offending half the board with each post. grin.gif

Yea, I'm just messin' round. I've never even touched a Valiant and I have to actually read something before I form an opinion of it. And even if I didn't like them I wouldn't get down on someone that did. My attitude in collecting is "If it makes you happy then I'm happy for you."

Yea, I'm just messin' round. I've never even touched a Valiant and I have to actually read something before I form an opinion of it. And even if I didn't like them I wouldn't get down on someone that did. My attitude in collecting is "If it makes you happy then I'm happy for you."

huh? If you thought I was referring to you, you're wildly mistaken! Light years off the mark smile.gif

You may have missed it a while back in the Modern forum, but everyone's favorite poster apparently hates Valiants and anyone that likes them with an unwavering (and unreasonable) passion that borders on the spooky.

huh? If you thought I was referring to you, you're wildly mistaken! Light years off the mark smile.gif

You may have missed it a while back in the Modern forum, but everyone's favorite poster apparently hates Valiants and anyone that likes them with an unwavering (and unreasonable) passion that borders on the spooky.

I knew who you were talking about. thumbsup2.gif Sorry for the confusion. I was actuly talking to VM in my last post, but quoting yours just seemed appropriate. I just didn't want VM thinking I had anything against Valiants or him for collecting them. I guess it was hard for you to see my eyes looking at VM when I said that. grin.gif

Star Code:

If you have:

1 star = You must like to sell high dollar raw "unrestored" comics on eBay in private auctions. devil.gif

2 stars = You must like to post in the Water Cooler a lot. flamed.gif

3 stars = You must not like to post the Water Cooler a lot. grin.gif

4 stars = You must like to collect Valiant comics and be a all around nice guy. angel.gif

5 stars = You must have compromising pictures of board moderators. 27_laughing.gif