• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

how can i find ben edlund art?

7 posts in this topic

That is a pretty nice piece Will has for sale...Edlund Tick art is rare

I have been looking for Tick art for years and then within a few weeks in 2/08...3 pages were available privately...I believe from #2...#2 is the Edlund issue that you might find a page or two from as he sold the art from that one.

Met Mr. Edlund at San Diego this year, seemed like a nice guy; he was hanging out at NEC booth so all the Supernatural folk probably didn't know he was there so no mob at the time...got a sketch too!

Good Luck...if you find a published page it will cost at least as much as Will's sketch

I went to high school with Ben. He was a nice guy, very different than he is today...In the physical sense. He was small, meek and very, very quiet. I haven't seen him since the 10th year reunion, but I sure wish I was more friendly with him back in the day ! :pullhair:lol

New England Comics is the publisher of the Tick books and deals with the merchandise. You can contact them directly....

www.newenglandcomics.com

Allegedly, Ben kept all the art to issue #1 and all the covers. The most significant pieces that have surfaced are the front and back covers to Tick Special Edition #2. The back cover can be seen here:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Page=1&Order=Date&Piece=181949&GSub=69919&GCat=0&UCat=0

Ben and inker Max Banks did start selling pages from issue #2 when they went out on the convention circuit. So far, most of the early pages that have surfaced have been from issue #2.

The pages from the other issues are a little harder to find. Max Banks did sell some of his early pages from the early issues so there are a few pages from issues 3-5 out there. Dave Garcia and Jeff Whiting also sold their pages. Over the years, I've seen pages from issues 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, and 11. But, as people allude to, they are as scarce as hen's teeth.

I do have a page from #5 that I am offering for sale (as a bonus, everything on my CAF is on sale this week).

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Page=1&Order=Date&Piece=292609&GSub=7436&GCat=0&UCat=0

If it doesn't sell in the next week, I'll probably just end up keeping it (so you may not see it listed if you're reading this in the future). Contact me if you're interested.