• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can I get a witness?????

25 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

This is my first post. I have a few of questions. First, is there anyone that is going to NYCC and WWLA. I have some books that I would like to get signed from some of the creators that will be at NYCC and WWLA, but I can't attend the NYCC. I will be at the WWLA convention (I bought the Stan Lee VIP package), but I still don't know exactly how this works. Since this will be my 1st convention and my 1st time getting books slabbed, I just want to make sure I do everything propery.

I know there has to be a witness present. So my second question is, will there be a witness present for the VIP signinngs or do I have to talk to one of the witnesses to have them present? What if I want more than just two books signed by Stan? Should I give the extra books to a witness or should I stand in line to get the signatures. But if I do stand in line, will there be a witness around to make sure everything is verified?

Lastly, is there anyone going to Wondercon? I have some Ironfist books that I would like for Roy Thomas to sign. I'm sorry I asked so many questions.

P.S. If you are not going to respond on this forum, can you please e-mail me at Flemmings1983@yahoo.com. I don't know much about forums outside of reading them, so I don't know what a PM is or how to operate it. This account was created with my wife's e-mail and she wanted to make sure that she wasn't going to be getting the responses.

WTTB! (thumbs u

I got the Silver VIP package. I can't afford the Platinum package lol. But I found away around that. My wife is coming, so I have two Silver packages.

Sweet, so at least 4 sigs of Stan the Man and a bunch of goodies!

Welcome to the boards, Flemmings!

I'll be heading to WWLA too. I've picked up the Platinum Package for myself and the Silver package for my Girlfriend. She wants to meet Stan, but only because I'm such a fan of his...she'll be getting 2 more of my books signed.

When it gets closer to March, I'll probably send out a few PM's to try to arrange a meeting with a few of the board members in person. Feel free to send me a PM and let me know the types of books you collect.

I'll be heading to WWLA too. I've picked up the Platinum Package for myself and the Silver package for my Girlfriend. She wants to meet Stan, but only because I'm such a fan of his...she'll be getting 2 more of my books signed.

When it gets closer to March, I'll probably send out a few PM's to try to arrange a meeting with a few of the board members in person. Feel free to send me a PM and let me know the types of books you collect.

That Platinum is a nice package. I'm emailing/calling CGC to see if the 5 sigs will be witnessed (I think it should be since CGC is donating/sponsoring the packages)

That Platinum is a nice package. I'm emailing/calling CGC to see if the 5 sigs will be witnessed (I think it should be since CGC is donating/sponsoring the packages)

If you don't mind, post here and let me know what you find out. I guess I just assumed that they would be witnessed (i.e. I get a witness and bring him with me to the event). Now you've got me a little nervous...

Here's what I got from CGC Customer service (boy they respond fast (thumbs u)

"Mr. Koyama,

At this time we are not certain if a witness will be present to authenticate books for the exclusive WWLA Stan Lee signing.

You might want to contact CGC witnesses Chandler & Sharon Rice of Desert Wind Comics as they have a business relationship with Stan and often have books signed by him.

desertwindcomics@hotmail.com"

:o So as of now it looks like we need to take a witness with us to get the sigs from Stan the Man if you purchase one of his VIP packages.

Brian

(maybe I can fly JJ out and he can be my personal witness for the day... hm )

Or...you could always fly me out Brian :)

You were witness 1a in my plans (thumbs u

Hopefully they'll have someone there to witness the sigs. I think Chandler and Sharon show WWLA as confirmed in their sig line. I'd hate to dish out $1k for some freebies and raw sigs (I could've purchased a bunch of CGC SS Stan Lee's from comicgrinder for less...)

Or...you could always fly me out Brian :)

You were witness 1a in my plans (thumbs u

Hopefully they'll have someone there to witness the sigs. I think Chander and Sharon show WWLA as confirmed in their sig line. I'd hate to dish out $1k for some freebies and raw sigs (I could've purchased a bunch of CGC SS Stan Lee's from comicgrinder for less...)

(worship)

Here's what I got from CGC Customer service (boy they respond fast (thumbs u)

"Mr. Koyama,

At this time we are not certain if a witness will be present to authenticate books for the exclusive WWLA Stan Lee signing.

You might want to contact CGC witnesses Chandler & Sharon Rice of Desert Wind Comics as they have a business relationship with Stan and often have books signed by him.

desertwindcomics@hotmail.com"

:o So as of now it looks like we need to take a witness with us to get the sigs from Stan the Man if you purchase one of his VIP packages.

Brian

(maybe I can fly JJ out and he can be my personal witness for the day... hm )

CGC Witnesses WILL be on hand at the Wizard World LA VIP signing. If you have a ticket then you are covered, just make sure to check in with us beforehand.

However, if you want MORE than the # of items allowed with the VIP ticket signed by Stan, then you should contact Chandler Rice at Desert Wind Comics as they have a business relationship with Stan. If you aren't going then you should definitely contact Chandler.

My apologies for the confusion, we haven't had much time to discuss the logistics yet, but given that this is with Hero and Wizard, we'll be there.

For all VIP signings you should check in with the booth in advance so that we can ensure your book is Witnessed for the prestigious Signature Series label.

Yes, if that's what they say you get then they can all be Witnessed. As I said before, just make sure to check in with us in advance so I can identify who the Witness is to you. It might even be me.

:o

:gossip: That would be a treat for anyone to get Kevin to witness