• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cover for cover - what's the best Pre-Code Horror run?

75 posts in this topic

What is wrong with you people?? :baiting::shy:

http://www.comics.org/covers.lasso?SeriesID=928

We're undecided? (shrug)

I want them all. :sorry:

We're undecided? (shrug)

I want them all. :sorry:

You have 'em all! :baiting:

A few :angel:

What makes it tough is - do you vote for variety or a solid run by one artist - and then who do you pick? Weird Mysteries was the first thing to pop into mind - but the more options I see the more impossible the task becomes.

What makes it tough is - do you vote for variety or a solid run by one artist - and then who do you pick? Weird Mysteries was the first thing to pop into mind - but the more options I see the more impossible the task becomes.

That is what makes it so wonderful......after all...we are the guys on the boards with the best taste you know. :gossip:

But it's been a fun thread just to go through looking at these horrible runs.

Another good one!

ChillTales_13sm.jpg

I never thought my 7.5 River City would ever look like krap......but now it does. :insane:

Wow.

:sorry:

When the I pulled that copy of the mylar the dealer, who knew me well, said "You're not going to find anything wrong with that book". If you like the cover art by Matt Fox, then you'd definitely enjoy the story inside as it's in the same style and is an adaptation of Poe's "Hand of Glory."

Another good one!

ChillTales_13sm.jpg

Man, the colors on that copy are amazing!! (worship)

I am beginning to see that it is very difficult to pick just one run of books and say definitively that that title has the best run of cover art.

Ghost probably....maybe Weird Tales of the Future.

No love for Craig? :whistle:

He knocked a bunch out of the park, but he also had several duds. For example, VoH 33, 36 and 40 don't do anything for me.

VAULT OF HORROR # 33 is a great cover!

I have the original artwork to it framed on the wall in front of me.

The image is intrigue-orientated, designed to arouse your curiosity (and buy the book to uncover the mystery).

Not everyone wants in-your-face gore.

Craig's covers are certainly up there with the best of them, though my own favourite run of Horror covers would be for HAUNT OF FEAR.

No-one tops Graham Ingels in the Horror genre.

Lots of love for the Atlas books . . . Heath, Everett and Maneely produced some great work.

Ghost probably....maybe Weird Tales of the Future.

No love for Craig? :whistle:

He knocked a bunch out of the park, but he also had several duds. For example, VoH 33, 36 and 40 don't do anything for me.

VAULT OF HORROR # 33 is a great cover!

I have the original artwork to it framed on the wall in front of me.

The image is intrigue-orientated, designed to arouse your curiosity (and buy the book to uncover the mystery).

Not everyone wants in-your-face gore.

Craig's covers are certainly up there with the best of them, though my own favourite run of Horror covers would be for HAUNT OF FEAR.

No-one tops Graham Ingels in the Horror genre.

Lots of love for the Atlas books . . . Heath, Everett and Maneely produced some great work.

:applause: