• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Photobucket Problems

11 posts in this topic

I have been using Photobucket for over 3 years and besides it being slow sometimes I have had no problems. Its been a few months since I used it and now I can't get it to work!

I get logged in - I get to the main page (where you can edit/copy/etc.. images) and has the "UPLOAD IMAGES & VIDEO" with the box where your supposed to see what you have selected to upload. I press the "Choose Files" button and the select files box appears where you can pick which files from your computer you want to upload and press open. I get that far and nothing happens! Nothing comes in the box where your supposed to see what you selected and I don't even get an error message...just plain nothing!

I have gone through their help files and changed passwords/cleared cookies/etc. My next step will be to contact Photobucket, but I wanted to see if anybody else here had this problem and if so what they did to correct it?

Please help!!! :makepoint:

Here's the only thing I can think of:

When you see this window (below), do you have the right option selected at the right?

If you mistakenly selected "web URL" or "mobile phone", that would explain why it isn't seeing any viable images to upload . . .

P-Bucket.png

No, I checked that...it was on "my computer"

Tried it...didn't fix the prob

are you actually allowing cookies from them or do you have blocked cookies set?

I had a similar problem with logging in here, and had to manually set it to accept cookies--

same with yahoo mail, but they never explained why I couldn't get past the login, only refreshed the login screen with no message.

Just for giggles, try it again forcing acceptance of all cookies, then you can turn it back off if that works.

Have to agree with everyone's approach, but maybe do it in this order:

1) Clear cache completely (maybe use a program called CCleaner for thorough handling).

2) Try a different browser to ensure it is not a compatability problem.

3) This also could be a firewall and/or anti-virus issue. First check if they are updated, and then if they are turn them both off, give it a moment, and then log back into the site again and see what happens. **

** especially if you use Zone Alarm Firewall and Avast Free Anti-Virus, the two updated recently with Windows Vista systems, and now this leads to an issue where the ZA tries to protect web content and Avast tries to protect web content, so then they are fighting over who has the system rights to cover web protection on a Vista system.

If 3 works, and you are done, turn the firewall and anti-virus back on when done.

Choose the old uploader if that is what you are used to. It should send you back to familiar territory.

Uploader found...problem solved!! Thanks any to all for the help (thumbs u