• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: I HATE WINTER.

5 posts in this topic

I've asked a neighbor a mine to cut down a tree several times as it never grew straight and it curved into my backyard. The tree itself just never looked very safe. Of course this dork procrastinated because he didn't want to spend any money.Well we got hit with an ice storm and sure enough the tree came tumbling down.

This guy does not live in this house so the house is vacant :frustrated: I left the guy a couple of messages informing him of what happened.

Anyone know if his insurance would cover damage done to my property or would this be covered under my homeowners policy? Last time I had some damage done to my property was by hurricane Floyd (2000 I think hm) I got a lame excuse that it was an Act Of God therefore the homeowners policy covered nothing. Also I'm not sure if I'll hear back from this guy but I don't want to pull out a chain saw and start cutting the tree up as it's dangling over his house and I don't want to risk "leveling" his house. Should I call the cops?

DSCN2504.jpg

what are the city codes about such things there? i get ordinance here if i dont trim a bush or something. also do you have copies of leters you sent this person?emails? delivery confirmation? if so you can small claims him for removal and damages.

if it is a rental there should be even more strict rules for owners.

sorry to hear this happened.

ps. if you sue him make sure you are in the right court. small claims only goes up to so much. if it is more than that you go through the next highest in civil.