• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLink - Asking Sellers a Question

13 posts in this topic

No, they do not allow contact between the two parties, but may reach out and ask questions for you IF the book is high enough on their profit list.

Hope that helps, but not a great answer to receive.

I'm interested in a book that looks washed out. I want to ask the seller if it is actually faded or if it is just the scan. I guess that I will have to pass. Not great client service if you ask me.

Mike

In the same vein, I gave up asking for back cover scans a couple of years ago. (shrug)

This has not been my experience. On the 2 occassions where I have requested a back cover scan they have been very good at getting me BC scan (shrug)

In the same vein, I gave up asking for back cover scans a couple of years ago. (shrug)

This has not been my experience. On the 2 occassions where I have requested a back cover scan they have been very good at getting me BC scan (shrug)

Value of the books being asked? I've inquired on books in the $150-$300 and it was like you woke them up from a bad nap, and they wanted to go back to sleep.

Mike it is an older site and I guess that is one of the shortcomings but I have asked for back cover scans and they usually get back to me within a day (all depends on how soon they can get one from the seller as many books are consigned and not on site). I just call if I need something.

R.

Mike it is an older site and I guess that is one of the shortcomings but I have asked for back cover scans and they usually get back to me within a day (all depends on how soon they can get one from the seller as many books are consigned and not on site). I just call if I need something.

R.

Maybe calling is the best bet.

Value of the books being asked? I've inquired on books in the $150-$300 and it was like you woke them up from a bad nap, and they wanted to go back to sleep.

Next time, give them a list of several books, including some thousand dollar books that you actually have no interest in, plus the cheaper book that you ARE interested in.

Next time, give them a list of several books, including some thousand dollar books that you actually have no interest in, plus the cheaper book that you ARE interested in.

Actually, that is VERY sharp thinking! "Hi, I'm wanting the back cover scans of that Avengers 1 CGC 9.4, Amazing Spider-Man 50 CGC 9.2, and ......oh, go ahead and send me those cheap book scans of Comico Primer 2 CGC 9.4 and Usagi 1 CGC 9.6 though I hate that garbage."

:applause:

I once asked for a back cover scan by calling Clink and they provided it to me.

I think they are willing to do this but the seller has to respond and service the request. Clink sent the scan via an E-Mail attachment directly to me. They will never put the seller and buyer directly in touch with each other, understandable as it makes no business sense. In general, I have found Clink to be very accomodating.