• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay username mycomicshop.....

72 posts in this topic

Actually a very good experience with them repeatedly. A few years ago, their grading was hit-or-miss. Now, they seemed to have picked up their game, and any of the books I have ordered either were dead-on to the grade described, or one step up.

That's just me though.

His son posted here in the past. He's responsible for their website's automated system.

(They're a large chain.... seven stores in the Dallas/Ft Worth area.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lone_Star_Comics

Lone Star Comics is a chain of seven stores located in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex in north central Texas. Started in 1961 by Jake "Buddy" Saunders as a quaint mail order company, its offerings include comic books, action figures, gaming supplies, videos, and many other pop culture items. While still maintaining business locally, the company returned to its mail order roots in the early 2000s, this time as an online subscription and back issue service.

Its current store locations include:

* Central Arlington

* Dallas

* Mesquite

* South Arlington

* Hurst

* Ft. Worth

* Plano

Past store locations:

* Irving (Closed February 24, 2008)

I've bought repeatedly from mycomicshop through eBay and have had nothing but successful transactions with them. They automatically gave me a refund on a comic they ended up not having the last time I purchased comics from them. I just received a few new comics from them last week. (thumbs u

I used them to fill in a lot of my newer/cheaper books that I needed. They pack well but two of my three shipments had corner damage (apparently they box is the right size to be used in the post office's weekend football games). To avoid the problem, I paid a couple bucks for them to bag and board all the books and that little extra protection seemed to help.

They sell a lot of books, so the grading is done quickly and I've have had a few disappointments, but overall they were a good value.

They communicate well and ship cheaply - two of my favorite things.

Their prices to be very reasonable but I have been disappointed by their grading. I feel that they don't have any quality control during the pulling process? The books I had a issues with they had multiple copies listed and I believe that they sent me lower grades by mistake. The copies I did not have an issue with were barcoded. If anyone is curious see some of my posts in the PG board.

But they are very friendly and communicate quickly to emails. They even pay for partial return shipping. However, I hestiate using them again even though they have great inventory and prices. I guess the reason why is because I called them and inquired on how the books were pulled and did not get a satisfactory answer. While, they were courtesy on the phone, they did not truely seem too interested in resolving the problem other than returning the books. It just did not give me any confidence that I would not have a repeat experience.

I was going to use them to fill in a large order of moderns that I needed but they wouldn't ship to a different address than was listed on the CC billing info.

So, I won't be using them any time soon.

They're good folks... friendly, good communication, fairly accurate grading... worth getting to know (thumbs u

I'd argue these points, but it wouldn't do any good.

I was going to use them to fill in a large order of moderns that I needed but they wouldn't ship to a different address than was listed on the CC billing info.

So, I won't be using them any time soon.

Have you tried Midtown Comics ? I have not used them personally but have heard good things about them. They do have a great selection of moderns.

I have ordered from this comic shop in the past and have been really pleased with them - Top Shelf Comics. He ships them out the next day via UPS. I mostly order trades from him but the few comics I got they were graded perfectly.

They're good folks... friendly, good communication, fairly accurate grading... worth getting to know (thumbs u

I'd argue these points, but it wouldn't do any good.

The thing about Lone Star, though, is that they are one of the biggest players in the business - I mean, if you look at the inventory on their own website (mycomicshop.com) it is just astounding how many different books they actually carry. Which puts them in the same league as Mile High Comics, but unlike Mile High, their books are usually not priced by someone who gave up smoking crack because it was too wimpy and has now graduated to injecting meth straight into his/her eyeballs.

I've bought 100s of (cheap) books over the years from Lone Star - I would never trust them to accurately grade a higher-priced item, because stores with that much inventory just don't spend the time necessary to actually do so, but for filling in the blanks in random modern runs (80s & up), they are seriously awesome.

And I've never had any issues with returning books because of overgrading - it's always been a completely painless experience.