• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay username mycomicshop.....

72 posts in this topic

Heard some bad feedback in regards to this shop, can't recall what it was about or who was saying it.

Andy

It was Jduran1, as when he received his last order the look of shock was priceless.

jd.jpg

Have dealt with them repeatedly this year and had a positive experience 95% of the time.

You've seriously dealt with them "repeatedly" in a matter of 8 days? hm

Bought from them once about a year ago and found the grading lacking. It was very similar to Mile High Comics style grading.

I would consider buying mid grade readers from them but am now wary of anything they are calling NM.

I was thinking about using them to fill in some higher number Fantastic Fours that I need. They do list alot of NM books, but you say theyre grading is lacking, maybe I'll pass on ordering from them.

DRX

Bought from them once about a year ago and found the grading lacking. It was very similar to Mile High Comics style grading.

I would consider buying mid grade readers from them but am now wary of anything they are calling NM.

I bought a few 50s VFs from them a couple of years ago and received what I consider Fines.

Mike

It's always been the same for me. If you buy a book you can see the scan of, you are most likely going to be fine, and usually, if it's an older book in midgrade, they undergrade. If it's a modern, with no scan, you could end up with anything.

What he said. When you buy 80's and 90's books (for which they have no scans), their NM could be anything from straight VF- to a 9.8 or better! For older/more expensive books, they usually have pretty large scans, so you can make up your mind. :whistle:

I mostly use them to fill runs or for the occasional mid-grade bargains, since they have some very nice discounts and they give free shipping for larger orders.

As far as my experience goes, their customer service is excellent. I know there were some horror stories mentioned before, but after 8 years and more than 50 orders with them, I haven't had a single problem so far. In the rare occasion (two times, actually) when they sent the wrong item (once it was the wrong issue # - the other they were seriously off in their grading), I simply mentioned it, they sent me the right item free of charge (wouldn't even charge shipping) and they also told me to keep the incorrect book as well. :applause:

Have dealt with them repeatedly this year and had a positive experience 95% of the time.

You've seriously dealt with them "repeatedly" in a matter of 8 days? hm

Just to throw your inaneness back at you

why yes I have, at least 6 times...their website is always open.

So what your saying I take it is that even though they list a book in four or five different grades, and you ask for specifically NM , they may pull a VF or whatever and you end up with that. I'd hate to order from someone like that and end up having to get aggravated and send half the books back! Thanks for the info.

DRX

So what your saying I take it is that even though they list a book in four or five different grades, and you ask for specifically NM , they may pull a VF or whatever and you end up with that. I'd hate to order from someone like that and end up having to get aggravated and send half the books back! Thanks for the info.

DRX

no, it's just that with newer books, they grade quicker (They have admitted that to me), and they are stored in boxes without Bags & boards if they are under $10 or so, so there is a chance of them getting damaged from storage to packing to you. If by NM you are looking for a strict 9.4 book, it may happen, but it may also be a 9.0, an 8.5 or a 9.8. All that being said, I think they are the best large retailer of comics online, and I have gotten many hard to find and beautiful undergraded books from them.

Which puts them in the same league as Mile High Comics, but unlike Mile High, their books are usually not priced by someone who gave up smoking crack because it was too wimpy and has now graduated to injecting meth straight into his/her eyeballs.

lol

I spent $200 with them about 2 years ago on NM moderns.

All arrived with banged corners although the card packaging protecting them was undamaged. (anyone who's bought from them will know their packaging).

Complained & was given 25% credit off my next purchase.

Gave them the benefit of the doubt and spent another $100 on NM moderns + my 25% worth of extras.

All arrived damaged or I'd grade around VF-.

Sent them back with a complaining letter.

Have not heard back from them, no refund, no apology, nothing.

Still, not wanting to complain as I moved to Ross at neatstuff and spent way more on a bulk deal to stock our website.

If you're reading Lone Star, ya boo sucks, that was a $30,000 deal you screwed up !

They're good folks... friendly, good communication, fairly accurate grading... worth getting to know (thumbs u

I'd argue these points, but it wouldn't do any good.

Which puts them in the same league as Mile High Comics, but unlike Mile High, their books are usually not priced by someone who gave up smoking crack because it was too wimpy and has now graduated to injecting meth straight into his/her eyeballs.

:roflmao:

Wow!!!

I just bought $30 worth of comics from Mycomicshop.com... I am a college student, so my billing and shipping information are different. They refuse to ship to an alternate addy since I am a first time user.. Anybody find this weird??

Well needless to say, they lost my order and future business