• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comicllink Auction has started! What are you gonna bid on?

65 posts in this topic

Some really good stuff in the auction and some books I never see. Thor #126 in 9.6. Hero for Hire 9.8! I am really interested to see what the FF #1 in 7.5 goes for as well.

I already have picked out at least a dozen............Impressive stuff............I am in awe on what's for sale...............Very frustrating to dazzle us with so many great books........

Anyone know what the Captain America 117 CGC sold for at the last CL auction? Wasn't it a CGC 9.6 copy?

Thanks

A 9.6 copy sold for $2800 in the November auction. Another 9.6 copy sold for $4000 in the August auction.

Thanks GT. Were either pedigree books? I'm going to assume the $4,000 was, but wanted to check.

Yeah, the Hero for Hire 9.8 is one of a kind right now. The Thor #126 9.6 is extremely tough when compared with most other books from the same time. That book should go completely goofy as well.

I was seriously hoping the HFH 1 9.8 would be a low key auction, but who am I kidding? I'm guessing around $7000 for it. I've got my eye on the Bats 227 9.2.

Anyone know what the Captain America 117 CGC sold for at the last CL auction? Wasn't it a CGC 9.6 copy?

Thanks

A 9.6 copy sold for $2800 in the November auction. Another 9.6 copy sold for $4000 in the August auction.

Thanks GT. Were either pedigree books? I'm going to assume the $4,000 was, but wanted to check.

The $4000 copy was from the Fire Lake collection, but that collection isn't recognized as a pedigree by CGC.

Maybe I was away from comics for to long, but even talking about 5k for a book featuring a character that no-one outside of comics knows is crazy? I am sure there are more then a few comic collectors who don't even know who he is. If I remember right is book has a black cover, but what does it matter if it is a rare in grade black cover if it's a no-name character. Even as a comic collector I have to say the hobby needs a reality check when it comes to some of the prices being realized, even though this book has not been sold yet.

Hey!! Luke Cage is where Nicholas Cage derived his stage name from! Nick Cage is known world wide! Surely that counts for somthin'!

(insert posting icon/gremlin of your choice here- you know, smiling, sarcastic, winking, etc.)

hm i was almost positive there were 2 hfh 9.8s on the registry at one point (shrug) my guess befor it started was around 10k (thumbs u ill be bidding on more junk noone but me wants :)

Also that ff12 9.2 might be bananas too :cry:

Some really good stuff in the auction and some books I never see. Thor #126 in 9.6. Hero for Hire 9.8! I am really interested to see what the FF #1 in 7.5 goes for as well.

I won't be able to bid on anything until I'm through getting steamrolled on a Venus 18 I'm making payments on :baiting:lol .There is one book that is VERY TEMPTING....FF 45 8.0 white....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

hm i was almost positive there were 2 hfh 9.8s on the registry at one point (shrug) my guess befor it started was around 10k (thumbs u ill be bidding on more junk noone but me wants :)

Also that ff12 9.2 might be bananas too :cry:

There has never been another HFH 1 in 9.8. If it hits 10k it is really going to drag the price of 9.4s up. :cry: