• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can anyone explain how all the Duck characters are related to each other?

23 posts in this topic

Uncle Scrooge has long been one of my favorite comic book characters. But when I try to explain to my wife how all the duck characters are related to each other (you know, cousins, uncles, nephews, mothers, whatever) I get all tangled up. Does anyone know the relationships of these characters and/or a good source to show the Duck family tree? Any help appreciated. smile.gif

Grandma Duck

Scrooge McDuck

Donald Duck

Daisy Duck

Huey, Dewey, and Louie

Gladstone Gander

Plus any other major or minor characters that may fit into the family tree somewhere.

Hey...you may mock me but the guy got the point! cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

damn you greggy, I have no reply to that. I was expecting soo much more from you. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

greggy's much kinder since his self-imposed ban on posting in the Water Cooler! cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

Hey...you may mock me but the guy got the point! cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

damn you greggy, I have no reply to that. I was expecting soo much more from you. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

greggy's much kinder since his self-imposed ban on posting in the Water Cooler! cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

hi.gifflowerred.gif

I guess Daisy Duck doesn't have a known family! confused-smiley-013.gif

Duh! foreheadslap.gif That would be incest on Donald's part, she can't be family.

I think she's supposed to be related to both Donald and Gladstone (cousins) by marriage, not blood. Not exactly incest, but still all in the family.

I (finally) did some google searches on Daisy Duck. Found this page which is interesting. Lists the names of Grandma and Grandpa Duck amongst others.

Link

I think she's supposed to be related to both Donald and Gladstone (cousins) by marriage, not blood. Not exactly incest, but still all in the family.

Waitaminute: how can Daisy be married to both Donald AND Gladstone, by marriage? Who did she marry? She's been dating both of them for 50+ years now!

BTW, no one has mentioned Daisy's nieces, April, May and June...! Again, not directly related to Donald et al., but still part of the "Duck Family," and three additional characters also created by Barks, I believe.

Don Rosa has taken some serious liberties with his 'family tree,' but I guess since he's the primary writer/illustrator of the Duck Family these days, he can get away with it. For instance, he's changed "Dumbella," Donald's sis and mother of Huey, Dewey and Louie, to "Della." I like the way he's obscured the pic of Della's hubby/ the boys' father smile.gif