• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

12/05/03 PRETTY BOOK OF THE DAY

12 posts in this topic

I really love the pre-hero books you've been putting up. There is something about the limited palette, color-range, of those covers that is really evocative of the weirdness and strangness of the stories. And those covers with that kind of battleship grey backgrounds are really beautiful.

I've got a number of them myself, but to see them in this high a grade is awesome! Thanks! thumbsup2.gif

I really love the pre-hero books you've been putting up. There is something about the limited palette, color-range, of those covers that is really evocative of the weirdness and strangness of the stories. And those covers with that kind of battleship grey backgrounds are really beautiful.

I've got a number of them myself, but to see them in this high a grade is awesome! Thanks! thumbsup2.gif

Dude! Your avatar is of the only pre-hero book I had in my collection for a long, long time. I bought it when I was in middle school for some ungodly cheap price (it was beat, but what did I care?!?!?) simply for the fact that it was a Marvel with the "Circle 12" price, and of course the only reason I knew it was a Marvel book was b/c I collected Hulk and recognized the title. Tales to Astonish...30-something?

Dude! Your avatar is of the only pre-hero book I had in my collection for a long, long time. I bought it when I was in middle school for some ungodly cheap price (it was beat, but what did I care?!?!?) simply for the fact that it was a Marvel with the "Circle 12" price, and of course the only reason I knew it was a Marvel book was b/c I collected Hulk and recognized the title. Tales to Astonish...30-something?

At the risk of going off-topic since this isn't a "pretty-book-of-the day", here it is, at your request!

I really love this puppy! hi.gif

TTA34.jpg

Now, please, can we get right back to the adoration of HooDeeDoo's post! smile.gif

And here all along I'd assumed that Redhook's avatar was a moldy Mr. Staypuft !

Hey, should the slab on that STT issue also note The Gargoyle appearance, as a prototype or something? Or is Gargoyle too small pickin's to warrant a 'prototype' credit? Is the Gargoyle in that STT similar to the later super-villain?