• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 9.5??

9 posts in this topic

I was checking out latest listing from a seller I have dealt with in the past, and thought he had made a mistake on his listing.

CGC had a "9.5" rating at one point, or was this a counterfeit book and this seller doesn't realize? Or, was this a joke between Wizard and CGC?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Daredevil-Father-1-CGC-9-5_W0QQitemZ270328363211QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item270328363211&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Just looking for an education.

So this was another of those "funny" Wizard plays on the market? Interesting.

Thanks folks for taking valuable time out to educate me. I wasn't sure if it was a joke or some form of bad counterfeiting of CGC labels.

Thanks Lantern for the old link. Reading through this now.

Looks like this program caused quite a stir in our community back then. I don't see it happening anymore so I wonder what was the fall of this "great" idea? hm

Andy

they didnt grade the books , from what ive seen. My girlfriend loves X23 and she saw am X23 1 9.5 . She really like the pink label so i bought it for her, thinking it would be a high grade book but it was around a 8 at best.

I've got one of these, it's a Young Avengers, I believe. I picked it up for the novelty.

That's what I was thinking of doing is just for the joke of it when a friend comes over and tell them I just got this back from CGC, and it received a 9.5 grade. See what their reaction is. Most probably "CGC is giving 9.5 grades now?"