• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Off-Topic - In the Spirit of the Season....

3 posts in this topic

This has absolutely nothing to do with comics.

And it’s pretty sappy, but being that it’s the Christmas season I feel it’s something that needs to be said.

I discovered these boards back in May and during this short time I’ve come to know and respect a number of you guys (and girls, Joanna!) as knowledgeable comic collectors, dealers, and friends. (Which is somewhat odd to say, being that I’ve never met any of you face-to-face. Hoping to get to San Diego or some other major cons in the future though!)

You know, in high school there was always that small circle of friends available at hand to discuss comic characters, collecting, etc. But as we get older, friends move on and interests change. Families, cars, houses, wives, kids. For awhile there, after the Spidey movie and once I got back into collecting, I felt like I was stranded on a deserted isle, slowly dragging in comics like sea-tossed bottles, but with no one to share my hobby with other then the dealer at my LCS 45 miles away. Then I found these boards and thank God for that. Market crashes, flame wars and Hulk 181, I don’t care. I’m just glad I have a place to go and discuss my passion for comic collecting. Thanks for keeping this hobby thriving.

And thanks to CGC for providing these boards. I also know the mods sometimes put up with a lot of [!@#%^&^] from some people, but we appreciate the work you all do.

Anyway, that’s my two cents and I’m sticking to it. I want to wish everyone a Christmas, filled with peace and joy. Spend time with your family folks, especially your parents. One day you’ll be wishing for ‘One More Day.’

I for one feel all sappy toward the boards themselves, but none of the board members tongue.gif

Agreed, even with all the personal attacks, half-baked diatribes, and semi-scary trolling, this is the best comic book 'venue' on the Web. Which is really kinda pathetic when you stop to think about it, so I won't... insane.gif