• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you were Neal Adams....

3 posts in this topic

Wouldn't you get your butt back into comics?

Think of all the good it would do the industry if one of the industry's most popular artists were to return to a mainstream title. Especially Batman...Wizard would hype it for months in advance as well as all related publications. Adams' back issues would skyrocket...You think the Loeb/Lee deal on Bats was hot? If this ever happened, watch out!

Sad to see such a wonderfully creative artist not plying his trade in comics - the venue that he....I quote....'dragged into the 20th Century kicking and screaming.'

I'm a huge Adams fan. While the statement "he dragged the comic book business (or maybe he was specifically referring to comic book art?) into the 20th century kicking and screaming" is a bit over-the-top, he's definitely in my top 5 as far as most important artists of all time, along with Kirby.

If Adams began drawing again, I'd actually buy the book(s), which is saying something since I haven't purchased a new comic other than Barks reprints since Flaming Carrot was discontinued...