• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

are you concerned about the future of your slabbed books?

65 posts in this topic

well thats good, i guess if your spending that kind of money it must be disposable income anyhow, as i can't see someone spending their rent money on comics.

I think a lot of people buy comics as part of their portfolio. I know that people have done well with this in the past, and some may do well with it going forward, but it's not my bag. For me, hobbies and business don't mix.

well thats good, i guess if your spending that kind of money it must be disposable income anyhow, as i can't see someone spending their rent money on comics.

I think a lot of people buy comics as part of their portfolio. I know that people have done well with this in the past, and some may do well with it going forward, but it's not my bag. For me, hobbies and business don't mix.

for me...they do... ;)

I don't consider my comics part of my portfolio, but I think they will be icing on the cake once we retire.

yeah thats what i'm talking about. are you worried at all that the bottom will drop out on your graded books (if you collect graded books) cause of all the speculation of wrong doings?

I'm holding up fine. Thanks for asking.

Looking at many of my high school classmates on Facebook, I'm holding up very well... I look at least 5 years younger than many of them. My God... what ravages time has brought upon some. In all seriousness, some look closer to my parents than me.

That said, I have noticed that I need to hold books a little further away to focus sharply as of late. This can't be a good sign.

I don't consider my comics part of my portfolio, but I think they will be icing on the cake once we retire.

yeah thats what i'm talking about. are you worried at all that the bottom will drop out on your graded books (if you collect graded books) cause of all the speculation of wrong doings?

Any "investment" is subject to a precipitous drop if confidence in the market is undermined.

I don't invest in comics or play the HG label market, but I'd still like to get something back from the tens of thousands I've spent over the last 30 years. My concern is that demographic changes will result in 90% of my books being worth mulch in another 20 - 25 years.