• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

are you concerned about the future of your slabbed books?

65 posts in this topic

the title of this thread is dumb, lol should have been, "are you concerned about the future of your slabbed books". something like that.
(thumbs u Now I'll quit razzing you. :baiting::foryou:

I'm holding up fine. Thanks for asking.

Looking at many of my high school classmates on Facebook, I'm holding up very well... I look at least 5 years younger than many of them. My God... what ravages time has brought upon some. In all seriousness, some look closer to my parents than me.

That said, I have noticed that I need to hold books a little further away to focus sharply as of late. This can't be a good sign.

I woke up one morning last month and noticed a hair growing out of my ear. Figure it's all downhill from there.

Edgar Churches' books,were'nt most of them naturally pressed by their own weight?

:signfunny:^^

:acclaim:

hm Hope you're not being sarcastic :blush:

Nope, that was one :censored: hilarious newbie post. ".. pressed by their own weight" :roflmao:

Wish I could take credit for trying to be humorous but I thought after reading the story that piles upon piles of the books were on top of each other, ergo would'nt that mean that the ones at the bottom were pressed? (shrug)

Edgar Churches' books,were'nt most of them naturally pressed by their own weight?

Nope, that was one :censored: hilarious newbie post. ".. pressed by their own weight" :roflmao:

Wish I could take credit for trying to be humorous but I thought after reading the story that piles upon piles of the books were on top of each other, ergo would'nt that mean that the ones at the bottom were pressed? (shrug)

Yes, it does. But (to many) there is a difference between books that were stacked and pressed under their own weight, so to speak, and books that have been mechanically pressed. Many (including this writer) have tried to analogize the Church books to the mechanical press. The resulting fire and brimstone still smolders in these parts. Word of advice - Don't go there.

Many (including this writer) have tried to analogize the Church books to the mechanical press. The resulting fire and brimstone still smolders in these parts.

And rightfully so.... :devil:

Don't even get me started on Aman and the booger-flicking . . .

Many (including this writer) have tried to analogize the Church books to the mechanical press. The resulting fire and brimstone still smolders in these parts.

And rightfully so.... :devil:

Don't even get me started on Aman and the booger-flicking . . .

Please don't... :foryou:

Yes, it does. But (to many) there is a difference between books that were stacked and pressed under their own weight, so to speak, and books that have been mechanically pressed. Many (including this writer) have tried to analogize the Church books to the mechanical press. The resulting fire and brimstone still smolders in these parts. Word of advice - Don't go there.

Fair enough.

I was'nt trying to join the debate, merely to explain my previous post to the guy with the little green man.

I know nothing about these issues but was merely stating what I thought to be a logical fact. Whatever your standpoint the result is the same i.e.

Books on books=weight=pressure.

Woman's logic I guess ;)

Fair enough.

I was'nt trying to join the debate, merely to explain my previous post to the guy with the little green man.

I know nothing about these issues but was merely stating what I thought to be a logical fact. Whatever your standpoint the result is the same i.e.

Woman's logic I guess ;)

Your logic assumes the Church books had defects to begin with.... :gossip:

Fair enough.

Woman's logic I guess ;)

Your logic assumes the Church books had defects to begin with.... :gossip:

I think you're missing my point.

Does'nt matter what condition any book is in,if there's a ton of weight on top of it, its subject to pressure. That is all I'm saying.

I'm not arguing one way or the other because I have not either the knowledge or the experience in these matters, but I do have an elementary knowledge of physics. :gossip: