• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clink Jan 2009 Auction

73 posts in this topic

Well, we're only missing a few more "insiders" and then we can break this show wide open.

Bob Storms...you there?

:popcorn:

R.

I'm here Roy, I'm still looking for that chip on my shoulder
So what's your beef?

Just in case you missed the question, Bob.

(thumbs u

Hey Rich, good to see you are doing better. (thumbs u

What better way to start posting again than by inserting a ridiculous photo into the midst of a budding flame war?

Gotta run, off to the doctor. Carry on! (thumbs u

Beef, you mean the great deal you got on the 57 9.6 that was mentioned in this thread?

How would you classify your reputation on that purchase?

You mean about the fact that I disclosed that I was buying the book solely for flipping before I bought it (as I always do), then paid the agreed price and then sold it on a public sight?

I fail to see where I sacrificed my reputation.

Its going to be a quite year of buying for me :sorry:

Well if this doesn't grab you, maybe their Feb/Mar auction has something for you...

Thye've launched some serious Rocky mountain books into the Auction. Including the first ever Avengers #57 9.8!! Can't wait to see the scan on that one (thumbs u

i wouldn't want to be the guy that paid $7k for a 9.6.

When the 9.8 copy goes for $20K, the 9.6 owner will be just fine.

I agree... I think the 9.8 is the only copy which means the crazy $ comes out. It actually may end up pulling up the other copies like the 9.6 did to the 9.4s and 9.2s.

Well if this doesn't grab you, maybe their Feb/Mar auction has something for you...

Thye've launched some serious Rocky mountain books into the Auction. Including the first ever Avengers #57 9.8!! Can't wait to see the scan on that one (thumbs u

I agree... I think the 9.8 is the only copy which means the crazy $ comes out. It actually may end up pulling up the other copies like the 9.6 did to the 9.4s and 9.2s.

It may actually run further down Brian. You may see a boost for books as far down as 8.5..

Beef, you mean the great deal you got on the 57 9.6 that was mentioned in this thread?

You mean about the fact that I disclosed that I was buying the book solely for flipping before I bought it (as I always do), then paid the agreed price and then sold it on a public sight?

that's public "site"... i think this is a matter between you and the seller, not food for the public forum. I think the original seller made his peace with it -- though I'm not sure it's as cut and dry as you think. Either way, the thread is getting derailed unnecessarily about something that's a matter between you and he (at least to me).

Honestly, I said awhile back what I thought about this -- if you and he are cool with it, I'm not sure we ought to criticize now.

It may actually run further down Brian. You may see a boost for books as far down as 8.5..

I think you may be right... actually, hell, I hope you are.

that's public "site"... i think this is a matter between you and the seller, not food for the public forum. I think the original seller made his peace with it -- though I'm not sure it's as cut and dry as you think. Either way, the thread is getting derailed unnecessarily about something that's a matter between you and he (at least to me).

Honestly, I said awhile back what I thought about this -- if you and he are cool with it, I'm not sure we ought to criticize now.

Stay out of it, some of us outsiders are enjoying the reparteé

I think you may be right... actually, hell, I hope you are.

Me too! I still dont want to slab my copy, but I feel my $125.00 investment could have a really good return. I just love the book so much, I know if I slabbed it I would sell it. But I saw a 8.5 on the bay this morning, and havent checked against GPA but I think it may close at a decent price. At least for what it is in the 9.8 world.

That is exactly my point Brian.

Nik and I had a private deal and it was suppposed to be between us.

Since I have nothing dishonest to hide I will gladly paste the PM's over here if that is what's needed.

What I don't understand is why people

a) need to know what happens in private between two grown men.

b) why they need to flog someone else's dead horse

c) why they can't mind their own business.

d) if they can't mind their own business why they can't just get it from the horse's mouth before spouting off?

All I see is someone that comes across as either jealous that they didn't scoop it even though it was for sale in a public site OR someone who is trying to save face because they commented on a public site that they were one and the same book and now has been proven wrong that they are not OR trying to justify how he just can't wrap his mind around the fact that someone paid "stupid" money for a comic.

Either way I don't care...I really don't...and my attack was not aimed at Bob even though he obviously took it that way. Just don't try to blacken my name unless I've actually done something wrong and you have facts to back it up. Otherwise you will not get any where.

Bob, I've defended you through thick and thin and have said nothing but positive things about you (heck, do a search I've started threads praising you) .

Next time get the whole story before you decide to color someone's rep.

(thumbs u