• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official Matthew Kirscht art thread

176 posts in this topic

It's obvious a lot of board members are are fans of Matthew's work. In talking with Matt today he informed me he has surpassed over 300 Halloween paintings. WOW! We then talked about our favorites and stuff.

So this thread is to showcase your favorite paintings, postcard and commissions by the boards very own Mr. Kirscht.

Here's one of my favorites.

postcard1.jpg

Here are the four paintings that I have. My favorite would have to be "Stuffed" but they are all awesome. :)

"Stuffed"

Stuffed.jpg

"The Gibbeted Felon"

TheGibbetedFelon.jpg

"Lighting the Way"

LightingTheWay.jpg

"Over Your Shoulder"

OverYourShoulder.jpg

Okay so where are the other approximately 295? Let's see how many we can post. :grin:

That one is definitely a keeper. :)

So I take it we are the only two that have any to post. :baiting:

I hear that out of his 300 pieces most were bought by religious fanatics in Utah and burned.

That's probably why.... (shrug)

C

I have been thinking further about that Number Andrew...here is what I am coming up with what I have sold since 1994...

300-350 Sculptures

205-225 Holiday paintings/ drawings (I over estimated on the phone)

120-150 "Fairytale land" paintings/ drawings

over 1200 limited postcards, many with sketches on the back.

over 200 books

That sort of stunned me, I had no idea it was getting into those numbers. I wish I had images of everything, but I don't especially not the earlier years since it was all lost in a computer crash in 2004. :(

thanks for posting everything so far!

Carmen has some Wacky Early stuff!

Dibs...I call dibs...How much Matthew???

:gossip: You should have emailed him a couple of days ago like (I am sure (thumbs u ) at least one other person already did. lol

Best,

Chris

Wow! That is one of my earliest paintings! 2001, I had done maybe 3 before that. I had just started to take painting seriously at that point. I'll see if I can dig up the name on that one, but I remember it had to do with all the trouble I was having with the house I had bought the year before.

The Clown is called "Welcome to the Show" and was part of the "Clown Machine & Other Deceits" show that was exhibited in Missoula MT & New Orleans LA in 2007.

Matt is the man! Not the best frame job, but the pin looks great.. the color are amazing, and the OA is pretty cool too.. :grin:

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

Just a pic of my wall

Got to get me a Shiver painting one of these days!! Awesome pin Andrew

Edited by Gone Phishin'