• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shipping question

9 posts in this topic

I moved into an apartment recently. Prior to the move, I always had anything ordered online shipped to my house. I had a decent sized porch, enclosed and everything, so i never worried about packages being stolen and what have you.

This new apartment isn't in the best neighborhood (dayton, ohio if you're curious), so having comics shipped here kind of concerns me. Between work and school, I'm not home too often.

I don't really have anywhere else to ship the comics...

I'm a newbie to ordering online and what not, any advice?

Does the apartment complex have a main office? If you are comfortable with this approach, along with the office staff being okay with it, you could authorize them to hold your packages.

Have had a few buyers that do this with no complaints.

Does the apartment complex have a main office? If you are comfortable with this approach, along with the office staff being okay with it, you could authorize them to hold your packages.

Yeah, this is what I currently do at my apartment at school and it works out great. I would definitely ask about it.

I assumed that every apt complex main office would hold packages for their tenants. The only thing that should get shipped to your door would be Fed Ex and if you arent there the standard practice is to deliver it to the main office to hold.

Atleast thats how it is in my apt complex

If youre not home,wouldn't the mail person bring it back to the nearest

Canada Post?I'm new to the online ordering as well,and hope to have a parcel delivered to my apt..as I live in a not so great neighbourhood, should I be concerned?Id hate to have my first delivery from the boards ripped off :eek:

We are allowed to leave or safe drop parcels that don't require a sig. in a safe location. For example between the screen door and the inside door or against your door in an apartment if the doorway is recessed and the parcel is hidden. Unfortunately some guys get lazy and just leave parcels anywhere. I've found a few packages leaning against my outside door in plain sight. I heard of one driver that left a package in a BBQ. Apparently it burned very nicely.

If you get a lot of packages a PO box is the best way to go.