• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBay Rots!!!

12 posts in this topic

"One of the parameters received was invalid for this function. This probably means that your browser had problems with the form or you invoked the function incorrectly. Please go back and try again. If you're using an old bookmark, you may need to rebookmark it due to recent changes to protect your privacy. We are aware of the problem and are working tirelessly to resolve it as quickly as possible."

"One of the parameters received was invalid for this function. This probably means that your browser had problems with the form or you invoked the function incorrectly. Please go back and try again. If you're using an old bookmark, you may need to rebookmark it due to recent changes to protect your privacy. We are aware of the problem and are working tirelessly to resolve it as quickly as possible."

Well, this WILL happen from time to time as new processes etc are put in place. but it IS too bad they could not accomodate past links etc. It is not impossible. But the reference to "privacy" would raise a redder flag to me than the lost links. Sounds like something happened that made ebay scramble.

Well, this WILL happen from time to time as new processes etc are put in place.

Sure, but this one is far worse and has greater ramifications than anything in the past. All of my Seller Links are toast, some of my specific searches are DOA, some of my personal feedback and other links do not work. I can fix them, but I'm waiting until their crackhead coders get off the bong pipe.

If you have set and saved EBay links to very specific areas, you'll see what I mean in very short order.

Well, this WILL happen from time to time as new processes etc are put in place.

Sure, but this one is far worse and has greater ramifications than anything in the past. All of my Seller Links are toast, some of my specific searches are DOA, some of my personal feedback and other links do not work. I can fix them, but I'm waiting until their crackhead coders get off the bong pipe.

If you have set and saved EBay links to very specific areas, you'll see what I mean in very short order.

I have but - as I said - "But the reference to "privacy" would raise a redder flag to me than the lost links. Sounds like something happened that made ebay scramble." - well - if there WAS some sort of security breach then I'd put up with it.

I do know what you mean POV, but their whole system is a security hole.

It's just like Microsoft, where a "bug" is a "feature", while at EBay, a "programming error" is a "security fix". grin.gif

Well, I cannot fault you that analogy! grin.gif

No joke, and it looks like EBay "enhanced" their latest "security fix" so that the old links work now. 27_laughing.gif