• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: A horrible copy of AF15 or ASM1, maybe X-Men1 or FF1...

5 posts in this topic

I got a local customer who is looking to add a low-grade key book to his collection for Christmas. He's looking for a copy that definitely does not command a CGC premium. My guess is he would prefer something only slightly better than my Hulk 1.

He needs it readable, and wants enough of the front cover that it's obvious what the book is. A piece missing the size of a postage stamp wouldn't be a problem at all. Tears and whatnot are fine, tape repair is fine. Amateur restoration is fine, as long as it doesn't look too horrible. There could be a pretty good size chunk missing from the back cover, but preferably not the whole thing. Page quality is not an issue as long as we aren't talking about it being brittle.

He would prefer one of the two Spidey issues, but he has some interest in an X-Men 1, and might even go for an FF1.

I am not guessing that too many folks here have such a book in their collection/inventory. But if you can connect me with someone who does and we can make a deal, I'll be happy to provide a finder's fee. Something along the lines of $60 worth of free TPBs or something comparable...

As far as price, he's definitely looking to pay less than "Good" guide. How much less depends on the book... but given that he doesn't care about most restoration and will accept most of the flaws for a book at the low end of Fair, there should be some copies out there...

I'd appreciate any help. Reply or PM...

Thanks!

'House

I might have two leads on a low-grade ASM #1. What asking price might he consider?

Each of the leads is Good, intact, no clippings, but bad spine wear and edge wear.

One of them has a starting ask of a thousand; the other I'm not sure of.

I might have two leads on a low-grade ASM #1. What asking price might he consider?

Each of the leads is Good, intact, no clippings, but bad spine wear and edge wear.

One of them has a starting ask of a thousand; the other I'm not sure of.

As I mentioned in the post, he's looking to pay less than "Good" guide, preferably a fair amount less. He already has a beater copy of Hulk 1 and JIM 83, and is planning to get one of each of the Marvel #1s before he tries to upgrade, so really the cheaper the better as long as it meets the bare minimums I describe. His copy of Hulk 1 has a bunch of amateur color touch on the spine that isn't noticeable at 5 feet away and he's very happy with it. Without the marker, it might have been a Good+ at best. He picked it up for about 60% of Good guide from what he tells me.

The copies you describe are pretty easy to sell... He's a buyer for the copy that's a little harder to sell...