• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Mile High road to getting rich!!

51 posts in this topic

I just did a :takeit: to a 30 Days of Night lot in the Selling forum and that made me want to get the first three original issues. I was not shocked to see that the original issues were quite expensive even on ebay and decided to settle for the TPB instead. I did a search for the TPB on ebay and was quite happy to see that a copy could be had for just $5 (NM condition) + $3 s/h. Needless to say I snatched it up and will read it when comes (can't wait). I did however continue to look to figure out if I wanted any other 30 days merchandise and low and behold I came across this:

00496137108.1.GIF

This is the EXACT same book I just bought through another seller (with just as good feedback as MH) and the MH book is listed at VF! Once I saw this I thought the price was a misprint, but probably not: $54.00 USD!!! :o Roughly ten times what I paid for the other book of better condition!! How does good ol' Chuck come up with these price figures??? :makepoint:

Nothing wrong in what Chuck is doing.

Buy cheap, sell high.

Buy cheap, sell VERY high! :makepoint:

Buy cheap, sell high.

Exactly.

He's still in business so he must be doing something right despite everybody that rips on him.

It doesn't have to be right to be a success.

Buy cheap, sell high.

Exactly.

He's still in business so he must be doing something right despite everybody that rips on him.

Walmart

Appears to be working just fine for him (shrug)

If you know this ahead of time why bother to check his site :makepoint:

It was just an observation :shy:

Buy cheap, sell high.

Exactly.

Capitalism at it's finest.

Buy cheap, sell high.

Exactly.

People who absolutely need to fill holes in their collection don't care about price. Chuck also sells worldwide...............and most sales are VG to fine..........No one trusts his NM grading............................I am not one of his groupies since I got banned from Mile High for disagreeing with Chuck on his grading............ :kidaround: