• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Mile High road to getting rich!!

51 posts in this topic

Here's the formula you need to follow. At least from Chuck's perspective:

1) Buy plenty of books from him so you earn Chucky Buckies. Especially if your purchases are the "20% off 160% markup price."

2) Cash in Chucky Buckies for "50% off 180% markup price" discount.

3) Save loads of money what you would have paid Chuck to fund his Boulder farm.

Have a heart! Chuck needs your assistance to break the billionaire barrier that has formed in our industry. Please give to the "Chuck deserves a billion" fund. Remember, a fortune in comics is a terrible thing to pass up.

chuck_bucks.jpg

He apparently sold a copy of X-Men 143 CGC 9.8 for -

- get this -

825 DOLLARS!

You want to see something interesting, check out the man's completed listings. Some people will buy anything, price be damned

I always love these threads. I think it's funny to see everyone so interested in Chuck's methods. If nothing else, we should all be glad he's in the business of selling comics because he gives us so much enjoyment by letting us enjoy threads like this one.

I always love these threads. I think it's funny to see everyone so interested in Chuck's methods. If nothing else, we should all be glad he's in the business of selling comics because he gives us so much enjoyment by letting us enjoy threads like this one.

Agreed, it is funny but also incredible the client list he must maintain as after all these years he continues to stay in business. Like JD was sharing, the international buyer list alone is worth gold as they grab anything Golden or Silver Age in VG to VG/F, which keeps the funds flowing in.

Love him or dislike him (don't like using "hate" as I don't hate the guy), he is a very wise businessman that got lucky early on. Otherwise, you'd run across him at shows with the same booths everyone else has and wonder if he used alternative medicine sales to fund his comic purchases.

Last year he came to a few New Jersey shows and bought books from dealers. I spoke with one dealer who sold him a book for about 2000+/-, with not much of a dealer discount. Within a day the book was on Chuck's website for 9000+.

Nothing wrong in what Chuck is doing.

Buy cheap, sell high.

Are you referring to the price?

Or the condition he was in?

Not referring to anything specific. Just saying if you can buy comics for cheap and sell them high and still be in business, the more power to you.

I used to snag slabbed books from him every once in a while during his big sales (have not bothered to look recently) to flip. There are some good opportunities to make a quick buck with some of his 9.6s and 9.8s when they are on steep discount.